• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bypass yesterday

countrywench

Huge congrats ! Take your time and do exactly what your team has advised
Xxxxx

FeeBee

Congratulations! I'd ask your team what they recommend. In my case they suggested Tesco ultraslim in the early weeks and I got on with that ok. Right now taking it easy and resting is so important for now so anything that is in the plan and makes life easier - go for it :)

SAM55

I tried protein powders (whey, pea and rice) from the healthfood shop in first 2 weeks on liquid post-op and they got stuck. Whey tasted fine, Pea and rice were disgusting and better saved until until making savoury casseroles. :(

I was told to use either Slimfast or Complan, with added Marvel. The Slimfast was fine if I added extra milk, the Complan was more indigestible.

I also used Arla Best of Both milk. Calories of skimmed, tastes like semi, and has extra protein.

I also used ready made protein shakes with 20g protein in. Much less work. :)

Bling Babe

Good luck and here's to many lost pounds, take it very easy for now and concentrate on recovering, sorry I can't help on the protein supplements as I haven't reached that stage of my journey yet X

Hannah2

Congrats! Welcome to the losers bench!

I used protein powder from protein works but I find it far too sweet now. They do an unflavoured one though.

Careful when seeing what others used - make sure advice is suitable for a bypass, sometimes sleevers can have a bit more sugar so are more able to cope with things like slim fast or ready made protein shakes.

Concentrate on your fluids and have plenty of rest - lots of healing going on inside!

los in it

Well I finally had it done.
I had my bypass at 2.30pm yesterday. being discharged today. I have 6 holes on tummy so fairly sore but looking forward to going home to recover.
Lookers bench here I come xxx
How exciting! well done on reaching the next step to a whole new smaller you!

nafpnd

Congrats and welcome to the loser's bench.
I never used protein powder, I just upped my milk and yoghurt consumption in liquid phase and went for high protein soups like lentil soup and chicken soup...
hopefully you'll find something quite suitable.

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
I get my protein powder from bulk powders but I've only just started having it again and after exercise.

My team aren't keen on people using them as some contain loads of sugar.

If you're thinking of getting some, check the sugar (carbs of which sugars) is low. Also, go for some samples initially, they're expensive if you try and don't get on with them :rolleyes:

Sarahlou123

Well done on your surgery x

Thanks Donna. I am nearly 4 weeks out and moved onto sloppy stage.
Ate some cottage cheese for lunch and mash with veg and gravy for tea.... omg it is amazing...... feel so fI'll on a couple of spoons which is fab. Not been sick as yet otlr dumped so I must be doing something right :) have you had your surgery yet? X

BrilliAnt news you are doing really well I am on tier 3 having to do 12 weeks on a victoza injection pen to try and help with the weight loss before he will refer me for surgery don't know what to expect from now on x

Sarahlou123

BrilliAnt news you are doing really well I am on tier 3 having to do 12 weeks on a victoza injection pen to try and help with the weight loss before he will refer me for surgery don't know what to expect from now on x

Wow. Sounds interesting. Must admit I didn't try anything like that? How are you finding it? Is it helping at all x