• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Calories

Nkpjkb56

How many calories should I be eating after a gastric band was banded on the 2november 2013 iam struggling a bit had to have fluid taken out of my band last week because I could not eat anything my weight is not moving so any advice would be good

You have posted in the bypass section hunni, you may get more help in the banders section xx

How many calories should I be having I was banded on the 2 November. Weight has not moved for a couple of weeks

People lose weight at a variety of calories. For me, 1100-1300 works best, though on days when my band feels tight I can struggle getting to 800.
When I've had dinner tonight I'll have had about 900, so after my swim I'll probably have a protein shake.

I struggle with breakfast, so I tend to take a handful of dry cereal to work to eat late morning or if I'm driving I've been trying the weetabix breakfast biscuits.
I have a late lunch in work and it tends to be salady - I love quinoa with crunchy seeds and feta or spicy chicken, sometimes I'll have noodles with peppers and prawns or crayfish. I love crab sticks so sometimes I'll have them with some cucumber sticks, or ryvita with cheese spread.
For dinner it tends to be some variation of fish or chicken with veg. I rarely bother cooking carbs with my dinner as I don't get to them within my 20 minutes and it grieves me to waste them!

There is a banders food diary thread - it's well worth having a nosey through there for ideas. Weightlossdreamer also has some amazing-sounding meals, worth checking out her diary:)

Try talking to your provider as some do not give a calorie intake with a band.

Mine suggests 1000 cals, but I found my optimum losses came in at 1100 cals. (If only I could find out where those losses would come now!) often it is not just the calories however that lead to the weight loss, but a combination of calories and the food you're eating. For instance if I eat too much fruit, it slows my weight loss even if I am under my cal limits. It can often take a while to find a combination of carbs/protein etc which is where Myfitnesspal comes in handy because you can keep a full record and then see when the losses happen :)

i find the more i eat the better which is why im in no hurry for fills around 1100 to 1300 works great for me, means i have tonnes of energy too! x x

I would suggest experimenting with different calorie targets to find your optimum.

For me it's between 900-1100. But I also have to factor in what im eating. If my diet is carb heavy because I've been to lazy to prepare meals then I have to stick to the lower end of my calorie target, but when I'm eating more protein and vegs then I can increase my intake slightly.

I think everyone's body is different and also we all have different eating patterns so if you eat later in the day/evening then you need to adjust your calories and types of food.

Back