• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Calories per day?

Mand77

Hi all

Just after some advice from experienced banders. I am moving onto mushy food on Sunday and have my fitness app installed on my phone.

What calories should I be having per day. I don't want to have to little so my body stores what I have already but am really not bothered about food at the moment. I am having to make myself have the liquids this week and am not feeling hungry at all.

All advice welcome. X

WeightlossDreamer

i think on my provider states puree about 500 then work up from there. By soft stage i was able to get about 800cals in x

georgiad

I'm on day 4 post-op and am on full liquids and things like yogurts and smooth soups. I'm only managing to get 250-300 cals a day in, and I'm feeling very weak. I know we're only supposed to eat the 3 meals a day and no snacks, and only eat small amounts, so I don't really know how to get any more calories in. I don't feel hungry at all, but I can tell that I feel very weak. Currently focusing on protein shakes, soups etc to get as much protein, complex carbs and fibre as I can. How can I get up to 500 or even 800 calories?!

emmahc1975

I worried i wasn't getting enough calories in post op & added as many shakes etc as I could manage. Looking back i should have been listening to my body more. If your hungry - eat, if you're not hungry - dont eat. There's still a lot of healing going on at your stage. You'll be able to up your calories soon as you heal

Mand77

Thanks for your comments I am just eating as it is say lunch time but am really feeling no hunger. The app on my phone asks for weight and height etc and is stating approx 2000 calories a day but this would currently be impossible for me.

I have a dietician call tomorrow but I like to hear from like minded people who are actually going through this long journey. X

top_kat

my provider advise 1000 cals on normal stages, but my optimum weight loss came at 1100 cals with min 70g protein and max 70g carbs you may struggle to eat a great deal on mash but don't worry as the hunger will return :)