• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Calories?

siana58

I have missed something in all discussions with nutritionist I think. Now 5 weeks post band, lost 2 and half stone. Initially had some issues that meant very little food but now on normal diet so weight not really moving (not worried), have first fill in just over a week. Tracking my food on My Fitness Pal and clear still not taking in that many calories but not sure what I should be aiming for? Any comments?

I'm a sleever so not much advice here, I was on under 500 cals for months due to limited amounts I could consume. I'm now on up to 1000 a day at 7 months out. Most people seem to aim for 1200 I think. The main thing is nutrition and protein.

Each provider will also suggest different amounts. Mine advises 1000 max, but I wasn't losing on that and with the amount I was exercising it wasn't enough. My optimum was 1150 calories, but that was eating min 70g protein and max 30g carbs

I haven't had any surgery yet but just want to say how impressed I am that you all manage to keep to the straight and narrow. My heads spinning with proteins, carbs, less calories or more calories. It's s nightmare. I really want a dietician to give me a good plan for life!

Claire :)

Good plan.? Food plan I meant..! :)

I really don't know how many calories I get in each day but I do try to eat my protein every day fish, meat yogurts stuff like that at a guess I think im around 700 calories a day sometimes more

Ok so I am tall and I reckoned 1300 calls, bearing in mind I am starting to exercise again next week. So far nowhere near that but I'm on a good level with protein. Thanks, nice to know I was on right track!

I was not given a calorie limit. I think, especially at this early stage having good nutrients is most important. I felt too dizzy and tired with 500 ( early days after operation when I could not eat much). Of course it is great for weight loss but my body needed extra calories to get stronger. A website mentioned 3 months for full recovery. I do get to over 1200 often -
Take care Siana, you are doing well.

Back