• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My fitness pal - calories

kurstywursty

Hi peeps. My providers dietitian is on maternity leave. have not yet seen a dietitian since the start of my journey

I just don't know what I should be doing calorie wise. Some of the post op diets are 2/2/2 befor you go onto normal food. My surgeon told me after a couple of days I could eat anything that would " slide off a spoon" I have seen dome post diets that state you should not exceed 800 cals...but for how long?

I logged on to my fitness pal and they recommend I should have 1200 calories a day

Not sure what I should be doing here...any hints, shared experience or advice would be most welcome as I feel a bit adrift here

Hi, im 3 months post bypass and am now having around 800 calories a day most days. some days its less and some days it is a bit more. trying hard to get in my 80 grams of pure protein, but I log on my fitness pal too, so at least you know how much you are getting. I have a dieticians appointment end of October and I will be asking her then how many calories I should be getting, but at the moment I am happy with the amount of calories I am getting so will stick with that until I differently. shortly after the op I was only managing between 400 and 600, so think what I am on is about right for now.

It the early days Kirsty is hard to get the calories in so i wouldn't worry too much, once your back onto normal foods, i would start to keep track. My hospital advise was not a set limit nor protein shakes, just normal healthy foods.... without snacks LOL obviously depending on what foods you eat..... but i was struggling to get a descent amount of cals in bearing in mind i try and stick to a stone age diet, my energy was lacking terribly.......... but obviously now 6 months in and i can eat pretty much normally, but i try and stick to 1000 cals a day...... my fitnesspal says 1200 and thats what most banders stick to i think so most days i try 1000-1200 tops but i do snack quite a bit too :) I guess its a bit trail and error as to what cals feels right to you and what gives you the best weight loss. Keeping it shaken up i guess works best, fool the body, as it very quickly gets used to what were doing LOL I will deffo keep you posted as this week i have deffo increased my cals this week (hmmmm) at least 1200 a day...... i think also is key the output too.............this where the old fitbit comes in handy, as i know 1000 in -2000 out per day should give me a -2 a week :)
Anyway enough waffle....... im sure so other banders will come along and say what works for them too but right now, so early in your journey i wouldn't worry too much :)
Just look at it logically eating by the rules 202020 small portions blah blah your never going to be eating mega amounts just yet :) hope that helps some x x x

Thanks so much girls. Most day I have had about 800. But today I went for a cheeky wee ice cream and think I will be hitting 1000. I am not finding it too difficult getting food in lol. I am hungry big time....but do full up very quickly with a little purée. Doing 5 small meals a day. Sticking to mostly purée protein and low carb veggies and a couple of yogurts.

Back