• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

can anyone please help?

pinkprincess77

I am now 16 days post op and I am have bad problems with constipation. When I camenhome 2 days post op I had bad diahorriea for 2 days. Since then I have only been to the toilet once for a number 2. Im sorry if this is too much info. I'm just wondering what is the best thing to take to get things moving. I understand that I may not go as much as I used to but I'm sure once in 2 weeks cant be good.

Last edited:
Go and get some senekot max strength and some sugar free lactulose from the chemist. I didn't go for 10 days post op and it was the advice from another member that helped me 'go'. If that doesn't work PM me and I'll see if I still have the message she sent me, so I can give you the same advice she gave me x

I'm in a very similar situation as you, I was having a lot of trouble getting it to exit and was very painfull. the advice from my bariatric team was to use Movicol, I've only been using it since Monday so can't say if its helped yet as I haven't needed to go yet but I've been told it helps.

im the same not been for 2 weeks now im 2 weeks 1 day post op, just been to told i need to drink more and have some senna which will help me go

Isn't it terrible. It's only 4 months since my op and I can't remember what I did to get things going again!!

But having learned my lesson I now drink plenty of water throughout the day and am beginning to recognise the signs of it getting sluggish again. When that happens I drink more and walk around more and fortunately that seems to work !!

Well ladies have to say I will be 2 year post in August and toilet going is better than at 1st but still av problems some days. Sometimes you can drink all the water and exercise n nothing. Prune juice works, sunsweet can buy in Asda n similar places, thick and an acquired taste but does help and keeps things moving that 1st real one is a problem and its awful to say but most people have to help themselves go. It will be there just to large to pass. Awful to say but you can feel it through the back of your vaginal wall. Not the nicest but you can gently put your thumb against the back of vaginal wall and it helps mould it so that it can and will come out could try bit Vaseline as well on the anal passage will help too.

Sos I know its gross but needs must, nice warm bath 1st might help x

Just goes to show, in all aspects of this journey people have different experiences. I've a few friends who have undergone surgery and a fair number, everything from a few months to many years post-op have no problems at all. Hope you end up in that category :-D

Just a quick update yesterday I went to my gp because I've had a pain in my left side for 2 weeks. I did go to the gp when it started but she said I was doing too much and had probably pulled something and said I should still be taking pain relief (which I had stopped). Anyway today a different gp said that the tramadol was probably the route to my problem. I've had really bad constipation (only been once in 3 weeks). He said stop the tramadol as that was likely to be causing the constipation which in turn was causing the pain in my side. he gave me cocodamol 8/500 and also macragol compound sachets of which he told me to take 4 when I got home and if that didn't get things moving take another 4 today. Well they have definitely worked to my relief. my bum is now numb after being sat here an hour lol.

I have had the same problem ending up with painful bleeding piles. i take 2 senna every night whether i have been or not. someone suggested prune juice which combined witth senna helps. be careful with cocodamol as codeine can also cause constipation so only use them when absolutely necessary my husband says he will sit outside the toilet and read ghost stories but i declined the offer so dont know whether it works or not

I have had the same problem ending up with painful bleeding piles. i take 2 senna every night whether i have been or not. someone suggested prune juice which combined witth senna helps. be careful with cocodamol as codeine can also cause constipation so only use them when absolutely necessary my husband says he will sit outside the toilet and read ghost stories but i declined the offer so dont know whether it works or not

I was surprised that he gave me cocodamol to be honest because I know that it's well know for causing constipation. I took 2 more of the macrogol on Friday but havent took any since because I ended up having to get up at 2am Saturday morning with diahorriea lol. I'm trying to drink more and hoping that keeps me going so far things seems to still be moving. If not I know the macrogol definately works and I could alway try just having 1 a day to keep things running smoothly. I was unsure if you could have prune juice with a bypass or not so gave that a miss, ididn't want to end up dumping x

Back