• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone help?

Louanne79

So, I'm now just over 2 weeks post-op.
First week I lost 16lbs, this week, nothing. :(
I'm on purees at the moment, and only managing to get down about 500cals each day.
Is it possible that I haven't lost weight due to my body adjusting, or that I'm not eating enough?
I'm also suffering a lot with constipation, and think that could also be affecting the weight loss? So, any suggestions to help get me where I should be will be appreciated.
It was absolutely gutting this week to see no movement on the scales - patience is not one of my strong points!!!
xXx

Hi

From my experience, your body has gone into shock. Just give it time and try not to get obsessive about weight loss. I also only began losing after 3 weeks post and constipation is normal. I began eating a little soup with shredded meat in and found that helped a little. Also once u begin eating try 3 prunes soaked in boiling water every morning. This has really helped me.

Hang in there. It will get better.

Xxx

Malinda said:
Hi

From my experience, your body has gone into shock. Just give it time and try not to get obsessive about weight loss. I also only began losing after 3 weeks post and constipation is normal. I began eating a little soup with shredded meat in and found that helped a little. Also once u begin eating try 3 prunes soaked in boiling water every morning. This has really helped me.

Hang in there. It will get better.

Xxx

Thank you me dear! It's always nice to be reassured this is quite normal.
xXx

Hi Louanne79,
Well done with the weight you have lost post op!!! You have done amasingly well and, as Malinda said "its early days". I have yet to go down that road so any advice that is available in these forums is read like a bible, and all heeded well seemingly. :)
I find at the moment that a warm drink usually usually has me going and once you have gone hey presto more weight loss. Dont force the issue (no pun intended ) just take it day by and till things start to work normally. You know things have been pulled left and right and pushed back into place so naturally it will all need to settle down. Take care. :)

Thank you!
Panic was beginning to set in! :)

Thank you!
Panic was beginning to set in :)
xXx

Back