• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

can anyone suggest a good blender not too expensive?

los in it

im thinking of getting a blender ahead of time as a way to boost my fruit/veg intake anyway not just ahead of band op. ive just watched one of those info ads re a blender called nurti-bullet looks great small enough to leave out and blends everything....but costs over £110 !
I could get it but thought let me ask on here first for one that the most people use on here
anyway I look forward to seeing which one tops the polls!

I got a fab blender from asda for £20 similar to the one that TK has linked, includes two 'on the go' cups. Blades are strong enough to blend ice cubes as well as fruit etc. I used it mostly to blend tins of soup when on the liquids stage. My daughter puts ice cream, milk and a chocolate bar in it to make milkshakes. Well worth the investment.

I also just bought a hand blender (a £10 value one from Tesco) and found that it worked for me x

Yeah cheap n cheerful you can buy expensive with good intentions that don't always efold xx

I bought a cheapie version of the magic bullet. It's small but works really well and I don't mind having it on the worktop as it's so compact. I use it now for protein shakes more than anything.

thanks guys for the replies.
im sure I will get carried away for a while blitzing everything in sight then it will stay in the back of my cupboard where all my other whizz bang things go! im still thinking of a nutli blend type one only because on the add it blended the skins of apples and stalks on veg as well as seeds does anyone know something along those lines or im I making a fuss and just get a hand whizzer instead ?

Sarah, which make/where did you get yours? im looking for something compact as well

I got mine in the sale at Argos, it was a Gordon Ramsey brand but I've seen unbranded ones that were just as cheap. Hinari do the same one, the genie, just without some of the frills (mine has a juicer attachment, for example), and I've seen them a while back in aldi for well under £20.
If you look on ebay you might be able to find a second hand magic bullet cheaply - it's one of those things that most people use once and shove to the back of a cupboard!:)

That looks just like mine, same attachments and everything! I'm sure they're all made in the same factory, just put into different boxes lol!

I have bit the bullet(ha ha !) and have brought the hinari blender at £24.99 checked it out on you tube to see it in action and seems to do what im looking for.....just not sure about green smoothies yet! thanks again sarah and everyone else

Back