• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

can pct deny funding if......

saffrons

you have a bmi over 50 have attended a 6 month weight management group but failed to lose weight... as the woman who runs mine is a real cow and does not seem to grasp the concept that it can be a battle to even maintain your current weight hence the fact i weigh 300lb+ has said if i dont lose weight im doing something wrong and she wont put me through.
all the research i have done does not state that the funding is controlled by the people who run the course. she is overweight un helpful not at all friendly and can not offer me any useful advice at all.

thanks for your reply, my pct have said they will release funding on completion of the course so i dont know if it is a scare tactic... however our group has dropped down to as little as 5 and one woman lost a single 1lb over 5 weeks and she was pleased with that but no one seems to be having the kind of weight loss you would expect. she even told me to follow weight watchers if im not happy with what she says...so i told her i will and that i will just turn up as required and get weighed i have also let her no that any weightloss will be no thanks to her

what a cow, next time she is horrible, stand her infront of a mirror!

i had to stop myself from asking her to step on the scales...

God, she sounds really horrible, just want you want when you are trying to deal with all this...not. I would do as Zoe (zns) suggests, ring the PCT direct & find out from the horses mouth xxx

but doesn't the science say that once a person is over 50 bmi they realistically can't lose weight themselves and that's why surgery is the only proper option? Short of going on one of those liquid diets, I really struggle to lose weight now.

but doesn't the science say that once a person is over 50 bmi they realistically can't lose weight themselves and that's why surgery is the only proper option? Short of going on one of those liquid diets, I really struggle to lose weight now.
thats what i said to her... i have been going a few months and since being i have not put on any weight, which for me is fantastic as i had put 14st on in the past 2 years so that in its self has been a struggle. i intend on not stopping until i get surgery in Jan i do not want tpo waste another year and i also want to get the weight off and be able to try for another baby. i need to start living my life and waiting for surgery is like waiting for it to start

Back