• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

funding in place for Gastric Band and on the shortlist

Goody 797

Hi all :D:cry:
So I was intrested if anyone had thoughts on my question- I would appreciate anyone taking time to answer
Ok so my journey started about 5 years ago with the NHS Highlands and Islands.I went to my Dr who wasn't entirely sure what to do.He wrote to Aberdeen were the surgery use to b carried and and was told that the surgery was no longer done.I researched and researched and got intouch with my PCT and they tolod me yes it is and that there is funding but its the waiting lists that are high.My bmi is 57 and although according to the NICE guidlines I could have been put forward without following the weight loss managment programmes but I wanted to do it them anyway cause I realised that I was going to HAVE to make changes and not rely on the band.Anyway almost two years ago most of my family all died within three weeks and it had such a detrimental effect on me:cry: and my steady weight loss.A few weeks ago I was contacted and told that I was now on a wait list with eight other people and that funding is in place.They have been very vague on details...does this mean that I will be seeing the surgeon and team for further tests and if so and all goes well does it mean I would be having the surgery and what would be the waiting time??I know that no one can give me a "For sure" answer just maybe so personnel stories of there own.It is in the Golden Jubilee that the surgeries are carried out now.If you are reading this you have taken time to read my story so thank you :553:

I don't know as went private but fingers crossed for you...sounds promising however!! X

if you are on a waiting list that can ONLY be good news!!!

along with 8 other people, some hospitals can do 2-3 surgeries a week, others can do 2-3 people a day so it all depends on how many surgeons/what sort of hospital etc..

i would get a list of questions written down and give them a call back, explain that their call suprised you and you didnt take in all that they said and then ask your questions, im sure they wont mind answering them,

please keep us updated!!

x

sorry i can't really help much but don't want to seem rude ignoring your question :) i think it sounds as if you are on your way now, they may need to see you for tests and discussions with dietician etc but after that it shouldn't take long at all xx good luck :) and no harm ringing them just to check what happens next x

Hi when I was told I was on waiting list was on for about 10 weeks then they called me for a pre op st that stage said it will be in the next few week and the following week they sent me my letter explaining when it was and to go to a nurses talk about the operation
Eg milk diet and after care
A the day before was told to phone to check with the secretary that I was still ok to go through with it
Then it happened sorry cannot help you any more but your on your way and good luck you'll be great I lost 10 stone with my band it was the best thing I ever did
Mark

The golden Jubliee is aiming to give 60 people a band each year most websites are saying, so if there is just you and 8 others on the list, its likely to be soon. I wish you the best of luck :D

If your local hospital has a PALS team you could contact them. They will liaise on your behalf and hopefully give you more details.

Back