• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Salford Royal Psychological cock up!

loubyl00

I want to shrink!
Hi all,

March 2010 I started out with my first appointment with my GP. I am still waiting. I haue waited so long I had to back off from this site until something positiue happened.

I was refused funding until I did a 6 month weight management course. I did the eating part of it straight away.

I haue JUST seen the psycholgist this week and she has agreed we can re-apply for funding now. but not the psycholgist I should haue seen.

I finished my Weight management (except Pyschology assesment) 10 months ago and haue waited all this time for my physchology appointment. I was told numerous times that Salford Royal had lost their physcologist and haue only just replaced her. I got a call 3 weeks ago asking if I could commit to a 6 week course with the pyschological department. I was so excited, I changed a holiday so i wouldnt miss an appointment etc.

When I got to my appointment she told me my 6 weekly appointments was nothing to do with my bariatric surgery. I was so confused. I was gutted and she could see I was. I asked her what it WAS for then and she said I had been refered to help with my eating habits. So she kindly chased things up with 'Carly' and I was told, last week they had no record of me. I was so upset. I emailed all my correspondance from Salford Royal to the kind pyschologist (Catriona)who was seeing me (but not for Bariatric treatment) and she liased with Carly. Carly has approued me for surgery.

Phewww what a battle! I am now half way through the 6 week course and she is now preparing me for surgery by getting me to set goals to help after the surgery. So it's all good now...... I think..........

I haue moued house now to tameside and haue a new GP. I really hope this doesnt hold things up any Longer.

I haue an appointment to see my new GP on Monday to ask if he can re-apply for funding.

The positiue thing is after all this time I still want my surgery, I hauent changed my mind once. So I am hoping things will moue on now!

Any adiuce would be grately appreciated.

Hugs

I feel for you, i also had to do 7 months intensive weight management, then 5 months with a psychologist and lose 33lb, it has taken me since nov 2009 but there is light at the end of my tunnel. i see the surgeon in 3 weeks and will have op by november. i found emailing everyone and phoning each week has actually cut 2 months off so far. shaking some trees until my name was at the top of the pile worked for me, it may do for you. xx gl x

Oh hun that sounds awful, I am sorry you had to go through that, Carly is lovely there, hope it goes quickly now. x

Hi Louby,

It seems that psychology is a problem at a lot of places.

I had all my appointments last year and, in October, they decided I had to see a psychologist for a second appointment before going ahead with my surgery.

I got the appointment letter a week after the letter from the surgeon in October 2010 for an appointment in June 2011 - a wait of 8 months during which time they wouldn't be able to add me to the waiting list for surgery.

Once I had the appointment it has taken another 8 weeks to get to MDT and it all adds to the waiting time since last year!!!

Thankfully I am now on the waiting list and, as I've been put onto a new list not an existing one, the wait should only be a few weeks not the 18-26 weeks at the other hospital.

Good luck for your journey,

Tatiana

:)That's a great post Lou-hope it helps others:)
Glad to hear YOU are still well on track for your WLS-
-my advice is to ring,write,mither at every opportunity-
I didn't & had to go privatexxxJuliexxx

ps I will send you an add for FBx

Back