• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Can't believe Im coming up to 3 years since bypass surgery!.....My little Story

emma-louise

my new life!!
The sun is shining...And I've been wearing gorgeous Maxi dresses without feeling a whale...
I've even had a few whistles and admiring looks!!!...oh my god if only they knew I used to be almost 20 stones at 5.1 tall(I was a little dumpling)...
It's great to wear a dress and not sweaty jeans because I was huge and felt I had to hide in my clothes.
So I'm currently in 12/14 bottom and 8/10/12 top and my dresses are small.
I was size 24 and my only shop was Evans and inspire,but now it's everywhere!..the bad thing is now I spend too much on clothes.
I thought long and hard about surgery,researched for over a year...and the main reason I decided on surgery was because of my children.
I hated not being able to walk on the beach without getting out of breath and nearly passing out or just doing daily things 'normal people' can do with ease...
Tieing laces,going up and down stairs,going in shops and not causing chaos with my huge backside!

But also since my surgery I've had a few niggles too...
Vitamin definency(take your vitamins everyone!)
I get a lot of wind and bloating..I have to trump for England now,or it hurts keeping it in!
I've had a few stomach scans done recently as the doctors thought I may have had a twisted bowel.
However one scan has picked up a bile duct which is slightly enlarged than the other,I've had liver tests done and awaiting another scan.
I've been told maybe a gallstone could have passed or a obstruction could be cause of this.
They might also have to put a camera down to still check for twisted bowel...
Apart from this...I feel great!...I'm just getting on with things.

Regarding my food intake now,my restriction is still great but....old habits are hard to keep at bay.
I let things slip and gained 10lbs,but I managed to lose it again(my tool made it a little easier to shift the gained weight)
However...I now realise I'm on a diet forever.

I don't regret my surgery..I say if I would have carried on the way I was going,I would have gotten diabetes(my dad had this)
And also I have to have yearly mammograms due to family breast cancer(being overweight increased my risk)
So as long as I can get on a slide with my youngest in the park and wipe my backside with ease now(lol..sorry to much info)
I'm a happy girl...

So to all you pre-ops there's no better feeling than being able to wear summery clothes and not sweat like a trooper..lol
Oh and if anyone has any info on bile duct/gallstone passing through it would be great to hear from you..

Fantastic Emma-Louise you have done ever so well. And well done for catching regain in the act!

This really made me smile. Well done to you for making the most of your new life! xx

Back