• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

cant cry any more it hurts refussed again

thanks i have some reading to do...can the doctor refer me to see any one else they want me to go on weight clinic there is a waiting time of 18 weeks and its for six months which im then waiting another year. i have wasted 4 years trying i dont want the worry of another year.
through stress im putting on more and im only 33 i want to enjoy life and family

Honey I am so so to hear your news. I can't help you much but I agree keep pushing forward and in the mentime also look into private.

pooh_showing_some_love.gif

I posted this on Holly's thread but rather than tyring to repeat I have cut and pasted it as this applies to you and anyone else going through this...

Hi There

I'm sorry as I can't really advise you on this also...But Jenny has a good chance of getting things heard for you.

The only other thing I can think of is lobbying parliament to change this post code lottery.....It's ridiculous....we all pay the NI contributions (regardless of employment or not) so therefore we should get the same blinking treatment in all of our hospitals.

It's really pidling me off lately (sorry for the rant) when I read some of the stuff on here about the way people are treated....

The whole system is riddled with hypocrisy.....Each PCT has their own criteria for WLS and to be honest most of them want you to be in the deadly upper regions of obesity to meet their criteria...however when you meet it you are sometimes deemed not fit for surgery.

It seems to me that you have to put your life at risk to get surgery in order to try and have a healthy and productive life....I mentioned this to my GP the other day as I am desperate to start losing some weight on my own but so so afraid that I will be turned down if I do....So you can't be proactive about your weight.

It's about time a petition of some sort (not just about WLS) to make sure we are all treated fairly in the United Kingdom with our NHS....Even this 18 week rule is a farce...I liken the 18 week rule to getting 'Life' imprisonment when we all know really that life can be as little as three years.

Whatever you decide to do...I wish you all the luck...use the evidence you have and don't let them wear you down.

~hugs~

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Hiya, I have been waiting over 2 years for gastric bypass, I have a complex med history and I am hoping I am finally on the home run. Have been given a verbal 'ok' to surgery and if that becomes a definate yes I am hoping for autumn.[/FONT]​

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]My journey has been far from straight forward, I was referred over 2 years ago by my cardio consultant to his colleague who then referred me to another hospital who then referred me to another hospital. I was then referred from the wl surgeon to his colleague whom I have been under for just over a year.[/FONT]

I have just ben reading the criteria for your pct and it looks like they want you to be on one of their own [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]weight management pathways first before they will consider you, If you are not already on this ask your gp to refer you to them. I know it all takes time and there are hoops to jump through, but try to keep calm and stay patient :) Good luck
[/FONT]

Back