• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Can't Go!

BigEll

:mad:
I'l leave out the details, but you all know what I mean when I say "I can't go"!

I am 18 days post op, and haven't been in over a week. I'm worried about taking tablets? Is that a possibility?

I had my op done in Prague so I don't have an aftercare package but I am due for a check up with my GP on Wednesday.

I haven't lost any weight for four-five days also.

PLEASE help

Sennakot liquid or movicol sachets. Get on it!

I left it until things were impacted, then took syrup of figs - yep, I am that dumb. Nothing could get past the impaction and I had visions of ending up in a&e. The good news is that movicol really does work to soften things up, the bad news is that it's blooming expensive.

Good luck, I hope you're on the move again soon!

I was given movical on discharge but found when I had my first strong black coffee yesterday it worked a treat.

I would say it depends on a few factors as to what you should take.

Im a bander & hadnt been able to go for a week or so post-op but taking senokot (laxative) just made things worse. It wasnt i didnt want to go, completely the opposite but I was completely bunged up. Laxatives make you have the urge to go so be wary, they work well however if you havent had the urge to go & just need to get things moving.

if you want to go but cant then i recommend Movical, it softens everything up & makes it easier to pass. Your doc can prescribe it cos as Sarah said its pricey, about £25 a box of 30 sachets i think?

Lisa's other advice to drink plenty of water & get moving also helps , good luck & hope it sorts itself out soon :)

Take any laxative you need, drink plenty of water and keep moving. Good luck!

Yes!
I've experiences the same problem and that was the solution.
As a sleever I can say it's a common issue.
I still have days where I "can't go" and I'm taking fibres each day to help.
When you get to solid stage, a bit of olive oil on your veggies or in your soup will help too but, for me, fibres are always absolutely necessary.

Back