• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Biotin and Hair Loss Question

LaManche

Hi Sleevers

Just wondered if I could get some feedback re Biotin for hair loss please.

• Do many of you take it?
  • Does anyone know of a chewable version?
  • Can you recommend a brand?
  • How soon after post-op did you start taking it? (I am worried about swallowing tablets after 7 days post-op)
Thanks everyone!

I take it....can't remember the brand right now...I'm 5 weeks post op, and haven't had any problems swallowing tablets, right from the beginning...I started taking it about a week post-op.

I didn't take any. Nothing prevents hair loss you just have to go with it. It's not forever.

Just a quick question, Does everyone experience hair loss ? when do you start experiencing it ?
x

Most people yes. 4/5 months in I got it. Lasted about 3 months. All growing back now. It's really not that big a deal.

Not really experienced much yet. Am beginning to wonder if more is coming out but my husband reckons not. Am only 3 months out so there is still time I suppose. Not sure if its less likely with sleeve than bypass - anyone know?:confused:

my hairdresser said to take sea kelp tablets makes your hair grow faster her mum is a Nutritionist and says Holland and barrett aren't much good and the best you can get is solgar vitamins.

Just a quick question, Does everyone experience hair loss ? when do you start experiencing it ?
x

Hi Danielle, mine started to come out at 3 months not in patches just all over, I already had thin (only part of me that was!) hair so was really worried but the dietician and hairdressers said nothing can really prevent it it will just happen. It's stopped coming out as much now and I can feel the new hair growth an I'm 4 months out x

hi tezza me to with fine hair will be on the table this time next week, so hairdresser has been telling me what to take post op.
I am scared I will look like a baldy

hi tezza me to with fine hair will be on the table this time next week, so hairdresser has been telling me what to take post op.
I am scared I will look like a baldy

Good luck with everything. I don't have any bald patches its just a lot thinner all over. Like I said I can feel new hair coming through so don't worry too much. It's worth it xx

Thanks girls, I am worried about it as I have fine hair anyway, does anyone know why it comes out ? do u get patches of hair coming out or is it just natural hair loss just maybe a little extra x

No you don't get patches it just thins. Some say surgery trauma, some say lack of calories. It's very similar to post birth hair loss mums suffer.

My dietician prescribes high dose zince but I wonder whether it will make much difference in the long run........GP certainly isn't convinced! Mine started coming out at about 4 montsh post op, believe me you'll know when it does as it's a bit shocking to start with. I had very long hair and decided to have it chopped right up to above shoulders to ease the weight on it but ultimately even this only delsys the inevitable. Like the others said though, I noticed it and stressed a bit to begin with but no one else could tell! Besides which, it seemed a small price! lol. Good luck. xx

they discussed this at the seminar yesterday. they said its linked to hormones becoming unblalnced and only happens to women
its a common phenomanone amongst the vlcd community too. ive had it happen each time ive followed vlcd (was on it 6 - 8 months each try) and while it upset me to see it happen it was no where near as bad as when i had my daughter and came back in just as strong a few months later

Thanks girls :) I had a huge head of hair when I was pregnant than it came out on the brush loads, so if its like that then I could deal with it, if all else fails il get some clip ins until it grows back x

I'm 5 months out - and it's coming out loads.

I'm lucky - my hair was REALLY thick, so it looks ok at the minute despite the fact that the amount that comes out daily is quite worrying.

Oh well ......twas expected...

Back