• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Today I can't eat - 9 weeks post op

Stacey83

Hi all

I am after some advise please from fellow sleevers!

So, I'm 9 weeks post op and have been on normal food for the past 3 weeks. I have been managing 70-90g protein per day and around 900 calories and it has been going well for the last few weeks and I haven't been sick very often, only if I eat too fast!

Anyway, this morning I woke up and tried to have a weetabix with 200ml milk and I could only manage a couple of spoons which is strange because I had the same yesterday with half a banana and managed all of it!

As I hadn't managed to have breakfast I decided to get a small soy latte on the way into work and again, it was like being a couple of weeks post op - I just couldn't manage it and I had one fine yesterday!

I am really confused why I am suddenly unable to manage things I have been managing for 3 weeks and a little worried. I am at work now and I've got a Danio strained yoghurt on my desk and have had one spoonful and just can't bear to face it, it's not for lack of trying, it's just gross and I feel full.

Has anyone else had this sudden inability to eat? Do I just go along with it? I have been so focused on protein and my goals set by my team I am having a little freak out.

Any advise greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Stacey :confused:

I am a couple of weeks behind you so cant really help from experience, but I have read that a few people on here have had similar.... one day they eat fine the next they cant, one day a certain food is no problem the next week its drama then fine the week after.

Make sure you stay hydrated in the meantime & hopefully tomorrow all is good again, if it persists then I would call your team for advice.

Good luck :)

Thanks Gemzy, I've just had some cyclazine so hopefully that will help with the nausea, I will try again at lunchtime. I need to accept that today I won't be reaching my protein targets!

Hey Hun,

I'm only 7 days out so I have no personal experience. But my surgeon told me this is something that can happen and it will come and go. He said it's just the stomach adjusting and it will settle after 3 months. Which is why I can't go onto 'normal food' for 12 weeks.

I'm guessing it will pass, keep your fluid up and keep trying :)

If you are concerned call your team, hope you're feeling better soon xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Thanks everyone. So, now I've been vomiting since dinner last night, I can't hold down any food and I feel dizzy and nauseous. Do I go to a&e or do I sit it out? Help!

Are you on your period?

Get well soon Stacey... Hope its not anything too serious....x

Hi guys, so, I went up to Homerton and had full blood and wee work done and all my electrolytes, cells, vitamins etc were fine as was my kidney function so I got prodded by a surgical registrar who said it was most likely my body protesting solid food so I got sent home with more anti nausea tablets and was told to stick to liquids until tomorrow when I can call the bariatric dieticians to discuss what's going on.

Good to know all my levels are fine but I still feel hideous today and have managed a soy yoghurt and half a cup of coffee.

Hopefully tomorrow will bring some answers and a plan to get me back to normal.

My useless boyfriend actually stood up to looking after me last night and came to hospital and took me for a coffee this morning, offered to make me soup etc so I'm in caring hands.

Thanks for your support, no 80g of protein for me today!

X

Hey Scotsman, things are much better thanks! I've been sick a few times this week but nothing too bad. I went to Love Box festival on Friday and for the first time in my life wore a floaty chiffon sundress and didn't feel giant so that was great! I've found over the last few days my energy has almost got back to pre op levels despite few calories and like my body is adjusting to the massive changes.

Here's a pic of my festival look!

ForumRunner_20140720_130608.jpg

Thanks guys, I can't believe it's me in the photo. My brain hadn't caught up with the weightloss yet! I still have a way to go but I used to avoid full length photos at all costs but now I love them! And colour, after a life in slimming old black I'm a walking rainbow! X

Back