• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

cant seem to stick with it

mummykcb

am really struggling to eat the right foods atm. so stressed with christmas and baking cakes for events so keep picking at cake. any suggestions not to eat the wrong thing and meal ideas to keep me fuller for longer.

I find that when Im cooking if Im at the point where Im feeling hungry I am more likely to "pick". As such, I keep a supply of baked chicken breast (I just buy a bag of frozen asda chicken fillets) chopped up in the fridge. then if I am cooking or find that I am wanting to "pick" then I will dip into a piece of chicken.

Low fat, higher protein, and better than picking at things I could do. So much of this is willpower and it is hard. I've had to put all of the Xmas treat stuff away and its in a cupboard in DSs room . . .when he's in there I can't get to it LOL but its there for Xmas because I don't want him to go without.

if its not in the house, its easier. There will be a whole host of stuff I will not be getting this year, because if its easier, its more than likely I would dip in. Some habits do take longer to break through . . .but hang in there, put something in place to munch on, but also, if you're going to be baking . . .do it after you've eaten :)

Wow glad I'm not the only one, I seem to have really fallen off the wagon recently and find myself eating all the wrong foods, I don't know what's wrong just can't seem to kick my but back into gear and now with Xmas just a few weeks away and all the yummy but wrong foods around I can just see I'm on a very slippery slope. Xx

Keep things like fridge raiders and laughing cow in the fridge. When you feel like picking, reach for those.

Another thing I use as a snack is asda or morrisons or even tesco value range cooked ham in the pack. A slice is only about 15 cals, but also a good part of protein . . .I had 4 slices today for lunch, 60cals but 11g of protein and it was all I needed. If I find that Im going to "pick" or graze, then I will have a slice of the ham.

Another thing I use as a snack is asda or morrisons or even tesco value range cooked ham in the pack. A slice is only about 15 cals, but also a good part of protein . . .I had 4 slices today for lunch, 60cals but 11g of protein and it was all I needed. If I find that Im going to "pick" or graze, then I will have a slice of the ham.

Me too I always have ham and garlic sausage in the fridge. Most important of all though is exercising some self restraint, and remembering why you had the op in the first place. You control what you put in your mouth :)

This is very true, we do . . and I do . . .although I know it isn't easy for some . . .and it becomes even harder when we are struggling or finding things hard . . .can be a viscious circle to break.

I only tend to have mine to hand for when Im cooking or baking, rather than "tasting" I will pop a bit of ham (share the rest to the cats and dogs) lol I still only have mine within my calorie limit.

I also have sugar free polos. Because they taste so strong, it puts you off wanting anything else for ages LOL

Back