• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Card for restaurant pls

clovey01

Hi pls do anybody know how i will get one of those cards you take to the restaurant to advise you've had a surgery and only need half a portion / kids portion?

Thanks.

You can get them on the BOSPA website. But I think you have to join to get one. You can try making your own ?

I'm sure someone else might know where to get the for free :)

Thanks ladies, i am doing really well. Weightloss of 3 stones already, i have no regrets.
Thanks for asking. How are you getting on as well ladies? x

Im a year out n never needed one as a starter is an ideal meal size for me without making a big deal about it. The more normal you can make life the easier it will be and it's surprising how easy it is

Never knew about this. Am glad of the information.
Good luck on your journey.
Rita

I'm 6 months post op and have eaten out quite a lot. I have never needed a card and tbh I would find it more embarrassing flashing it than just getting on and ordering my food. A starter portion has always been enough for me but when there's been a main course I really want I order it, eat my fill and leave the rest. You can always ask for a doggy bag :)

I had my first meals out over the weekend.

Didn't even attempt a starter.

I just ordered a main meal and ate what I felt comfortable with.

Did get a strange look from the waitress that I had only eaten about a third of the meal.

I assumed, rightly or wrongly, that she wondered why a large man had not eaten much of the meal.

Although she did seem concerned that everythign was ok with the meal :)

At breakfast I decided to have a cooked breakfast,

I again just ate what I felt comfortable with.

1 Sausauge, 1 1/4 rasher of bacon minus the fatty bits (nothing to do with being carefull I just don't like them), about 1/2 the scrambled egg, half a small tomato and a few mushrooms.

Again had some strange looks that I had left a lot, and more concern that everything was ok.

i was to been going away christmas with my sister as we have done
for past 10 yrs
has my op is oct 14th 12 i have cancelled it
dont think i could watch everyone tucking into lovely food and me
with bit of mash
maybe another year

kay x

i still have a thing about eating in front of other people even if family come round when i'm eating i stop :( but if i am eating out i would just choose the item with highest protein eg steak and eat as much as i can and leave the rest but it is extremely rare i eat out :)

I've eaten out a couple of times and not had any problems. I just order a starter and say I'm not very hungry, is it ok if I have it brought out at the same time as when the rest of my party has their main courses. It's always been fine. I like to leave a nice tip (obviously only if the service is good) as I think the only problem a restaurant will ever have is the fact they aren't going to make much money out of me with lack of drinking loads and only a starter. I always tell people I'm with to order as normal as sometimes people tend to worry about eating in front of me, I'm not sure why as it doesn't bother me in the slightest. I just remind them I'm there for their company and I don't get hungry very often anymore. Also I would carry a tupperware box for left overs if there was something on the menu main courses I wanted to try, saves wasting it. Lastly British restaurants are becoming better at delivering want the customer wants so if you want them to grill your fish instead of fry or put salad dressing on the side, most will these days :) x

that's a good tip order it for when the main is ready and also will of been able to have a small drink of water etc before it comes while others have their starter so you're not too thirsty 30 min rule etc etc

i love reading peoples tips
i eat out often with my friends and i know there worried for when ive had the op done as they dont want me to feel uncomfortable sat in a resturant.
will be buying myself a lunch box to take away what i dont eat

Hi I made this having trawled online for different ideas.. maybe you can print it and make use of it?? thoguht I carry one in my purse, Ive never had to produce it, I just tend to ask for the lighter bites menu, or order a kids dinner

428488_10151061524358274_1403913977_n.jpg

Back