• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

carnt wait until its my turn

Laura b

2011 a new begginning
hiya everyone hope ur all well?
its seems on here a lot of ppl are having there wls done this month and next month must be so exciting just want to wish u all good luck with it all, and as im reading and seeing everyone wls is getting closer im getting very excited about mine and hoping it wont be too much longer not that ive been waiting long like but im getting all excited well anyway good luck all im sure everything will go well and ill look forward to following ur wl storys hoping im not to far behind u xx

Thank you that is lovely of you to say. Hopefully your OP will soon be here hun. Keep getting as much info as you can, good luck xxx

Aw Laura how sweet, hope your turn comes round quickly. :)

Laura that really is sweet because personally I think it is quite easy to feel jealous when other peoples' surgery dates come around whilst you're still waiting and not knowing when yours may be.

I love your generous attitude and I hope that your turn comes very quickly. But do use this waiting time to your best advantage: try to get on a healthy eating regime, maybe cut down on sweet stuff ( I gave up chocolate, biscuits and cakes 5+ months before my op and I haven't had much in the way of cravings post-op)
and perhaps most important of all, try to get your head around why you have issues with food. I found a food diary, not the
'what I've eaten' type,
but
'my thoughts and feelings around food; especially 'naughty food'' type
very helpful indeed. That may be one of your most useful tools to go alongside your WLS post-op.

I hope you don't mind my making these suggestions. I'm just sharing what I've personally found helpful.
Much love, Charis xx

awww thanks everyone for ur lovely comment back, and charis off course i dont mind hun its great getting advice of all u lot on ere no matter if ur pre or post op i take every comment suggestions and advice on board after all this is all goin to benefit me, i was gonna go on a diet but do u think i should before i see the surgeon? im cutting down trying not to gain but do u think i should try to lose weight before i see him? the food diary seems a very sensible thing to do thanks alot hun xxxxx

Laura it will depend on what your pct asks for in their criteria for surgery, i know that sounds awful but it's true. If you can afford to lose weight before you see the surgeon then yes go for it. I wasn't very good pre pre op diet(hope that made sense) as i felt i had to say goodbye to all my sweets and chocolate. That said as soon as i started pre op diet i was a good and determined woman on a mission ha ha x

i think i could afford to lose weight i have a very high bmi over 50 which is not good so i could lose some but then i think ild be more determind wen ive seen the surgeon and know wats goin on im sure he will tell me to lose some weight before op and as i know ill have the surgery at the end i would have the determination to lose the weihght i need to, im good at loosing it maintaining the wl thats my problem thats y iv turned to surgery xx

thanks kat, i see ur goin private and ur dr is dr super is he the same dr super that does them at birmingham heartlands hospital? cus if it is thats who im goin to be seeing xxxx

Thanks for the lovely thoughts luv, I really hope your turn comes around sooner than you think. Ill be watching out for your further posts and look forwward to following your journey :) xxxx

awww thanks everyone for ur lovely comment back, and charis off course i dont mind hun its great getting advice of all u lot on ere no matter if ur pre or post op i take every comment suggestions and advice on board after all this is all goin to benefit me, i was gonna go on a diet but do u think i should before i see the surgeon? im cutting down trying not to gain but do u think i should try to lose weight before i see him? the food diary seems a very sensible thing to do thanks alot hun xxxxx

Laura: mainly what Allie said! LOL!:8855:

but I personally found just cutting down on sweet stuff helped tremendously. Not all people dump after a bypass but some do (I'm one of them) and sugary foods are generally not good anyhow as they have empty calories. After surgery we need to focus on healthy food, particularly protein, as we need to make our food count.
So if you can wean yourself off the sweet stuff pre-op, it maes it easier to beat the post-op cravings.
I hope that's helpful. Certainly don't jepoardise your funding by losing too much weight!:eek::eek: It's terrible to have to say that, but that would be just awful.

Hi Laura,

if it were me, I would wait till you've had the first appointment at Heartlands before losing any as Im fairly sure that Heartlands will set you a weight loss target before putting you on the waiting list.

Hope they dont keep you waiting too long x

Morning dear, Im feeling just like you lol. Iv not got a date for op yet but have my pre op in 2 weeks so well on the way. It seems to take over your life doesnt it ha. Cant think of anything else, and im not sure if its a 12 week waiting time after pre op, or 4 to 6 months which is doing my head in. Anyway dear keep in touch and good luck x sugga

Morning dear, Im feeling just like you lol. Iv not got a date for op yet but have my pre op in 2 weeks so well on the way. It seems to take over your life doesnt it ha. Cant think of anything else, and im not sure if its a 12 week waiting time after pre op, or 4 to 6 months which is doing my head in. Anyway dear keep in touch and good luck x sugga

aww good luck to u too hun xxx

I'm sooo feeling the same way, my pre op is 1st Oct and surgery 20th Oct.... I just cat wait 42 days to go, tried to set up a ticker but it has me beat... I'll get the hang of it b4 I start losing lbs

very exciting hey hun all the best and im sure ur get to do a ticker there be someone who knows how to do it sorry i carnt be of any assistance hun im hopeless lol xx

Emma pls can i ask as to y you oppted for a sleeve?
ilona x

Course! :)

I am only 22 and very large and so the thought of having the gastric bypass was way too daunting for me right now, although the sleeve gives you the oportunity to have it in the future if i wish.

I also hated the thought of having the band, i shiver at the thought of having fills when needed. Im scared of needles, so the fills would be hellish.

The sleeve just seemed the perfect option for me, its a safer operation than the bypass and more permanant than the band.

Those are my reasons for picking it anyway :)

If you want to know anything else feel free to pm me.

Back