• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

CHANNEL 4 9PM

What annoyed me too about Mr Super's comments was how dismissive he was by BEIGE food!!!! white bread doesn't look beige to me or white rice - but then i am miopic ha

What annoyed me too about Mr Super's comments was how dismissive he was by BEIGE food!!!! white bread doesn't look beige to me or white rice - but then i am miopic ha

Re: white bread. It is when unsliced!

Beige food was his way of categorizing foods that have little or no nutritional value. Rather like 'white' noise.

I couldnt care less if when my surgeon opened me up he started doing fat skits, if he smacked my belly and counted the seconds it wobbles for, if he danced and sang "hey fatty bum bum" during surgery.

So long as at the end of it I had my gastric band then Im a happy bunny.

I couldnt care less if when my surgeon opened me up he started doing fat skits, if he smacked my belly and counted the seconds it wobbles for, if he danced and sang "hey fatty bum bum" during surgery.

:clap::clap::clap: LMTO!

I watched this programmee and although i thought the surgeon was a bit of a weapon he did get the job done and i don't think i would be bothered if it was me as long as i get the results in the end, what made me laugh was the girl that did have the surgery ( who went to mcdonalds during pre op diet and had salad? ) when she came round she was greeted with the her other half scoffing a bag of big eat walkers crisps, nice!

Classic and so funny!!

lolol you have just made me giggle and i visulised that in my head like a comedy sketch :D

great post lol ;)

I am so glad that he was not or will never be my surgeon, the arrogant p***k. Excuse the french! At the end of the day being a Doctor isn't just about slicing people up it's about undertanding symptoms and treating people with compassion and respect whether they are in ear shot or not. This is why standards have slipped within our health service. I would never dream of poking fun or laughing at the disabled people I work with awake or asleep. I would never stand by and watch and work with anyone else doing the same. People think it's okay to say it about overweight people because it's seen as self inflicted etc...Well I am sorry it's not okay, it's unprofessional. If I knew that people I had been operated on had spoken about me in that way I would have made a complaint. What that surgeon has done is enforce the fact that it's okay to laugh and poke fun at the fat people. Sorry but I can't get over the lack of respect. Like someone said earlier if she had done that it would have almost been a sackable offence, it's the same for me and rightly so. I don't know why people think it's okay just because because he is a Doctor. Sorry just my own personal view and rant!

I am so glad that he was not or will never be my surgeon, the arrogant p***k. Excuse the french! At the end of the day being a Doctor isn't just about slicing people up it's about undertanding symptoms and treating people with compassion and respect whether they are in ear shot or not. This is why standards have slipped within our health service. I would never dream of poking fun or laughing at the disabled people I work with awake or asleep. I would never stand by and watch and work with anyone else doing the same. People think it's okay to say it about overweight people because it's seen as self inflicted etc...Well I am sorry it's not okay, it's unprofessional. If I knew that people I had been operated on had spoken about me in that way I would have made a complaint. What that surgeon has done is enforce the fact that it's okay to laugh and poke fun at the fat people. Sorry but I can't get over the lack of respect. Like someone said earlier if she had done that it would have almost been a sackable offence, it's the same for me and rightly so. I don't know why people think it's okay just because because he is a Doctor. Sorry just my own personal view and rant!

I disagree with the NHS comment, Prinny. I doubt for one second that he keeps his comments to himself in the private theatre he practices in also.

And when you are asleep, wheres the evidence to complain?

I'm not saying it's right, I'm saying it happens mre often than people think and not just in the NHS, or any other public service for that matter.

What I was trying to say is that i personally find it poor practice to make fun of the patients your are there to treat be them asleep or awake. It's sad that this is happening more and more but the surgeon is not exactly setting the standard here and leading by example. I just thought the way he came across was very poor in my opinion.

Sorry what I meant by the nhs comment was that you hear of lots of complaints about nurses stood at the nursing stations laughing and discussing patients only to be overheard by their loved ones. I wasn't making a comparison to private care. I meant that standards of common respect about patients have declined not that you get a better more respectful service being treated private if you know what I mean.! As for being asleep the girl being operated on she will know what was said now so if I was her I would be very upset!

You are right prinny it is poor practice but sadly as Red said it happens much more than people think I worked in theatres for six months and one surgeon in particular was so damn arrogant I wanted to slap him and he made sexist and unkind comments about people and no amount of complaining then..........25 yrs ago........made any difference it was just brushed off as a bit of a laugh because he was a surgeon at the top of his 'profession' I hope now if I was in theatres and complained about that sort of stuff something would be done, but not too sure!!!! and as Red said it is not just NHS as the surgeons work the private sector as well, the only difference being you are paying to be insulted!!!!
I must just say though there are many excellent professional surgeons who impart interesting helpful comments in theatre as well so dont judge them all the same
As for the programme I found it very informative and in spite of his comments he was a very talented surgeon doing 40 bands a week
Was sad to see so many very young people having to go down that road, and delighted to see two of the 'hard nut' just give me the band girls turn around and lose their weight on a programme respect to them.
Anyways lots of interesting comments on the thread and as a last thought just like to say that the Mcdonalds lady was on a hard road bless her with the unsupportive oink she was living with

Love n hugs Jay xx

I agree that Mr. Super was unprofessional about what he said. As I've said before, there is a lot of Graveyard humour in stressful jobs.
I asked my mother - she worked as a Theatre nurse for 20 years or so if she'd ever encountered this sort of behaviour. She reckoned that the Surgeons ( not all) were just horrible to the nurses.

She said the only time anything liked that happened was when a guy needed operating on his willy - he'd had it enlarged in Thailand but sadly it was bent from half way up - almost at rightangles. Theatre staff all came in to have a look as they'd never seen such a thing before. I asked her if his todge was large and she said it was pretty big but in a hell of a state and that they'd only been able to straighten it out a bit.:D
Obviously she gave me no details about him or that would have been unprofessional.

Back