• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Charing Cross Hospital - What happens next!!!!

coolthru

My GP referred me to CX and I had my group session back in Jan 2011. I then had no contact from them for nearly 3 months. Finally after a few phone calls, I recieved a one to one with the doctor and psychiatrist.

I was asked to undergo some tests - blood tests, ECG, Endoscopy (June) and Sleep Apnea(5th Aug) ....All of which are now complete.

I am now waiting for the Surgeon appointment but having looked at this website, it seems that it is still not sure whether I will get the surgery done or not. I have no clue yet on the funding side of things.

In the group session, Dr Le Roux mentioned that once you have reached this stage (group stage) and have decided for the surgery, you will get the surgery done but I am a bit confused as to what will happen next.

My BMI is 48.6 and I have Type 2 Diabetes, High BP and family history.

Can anyone please advice what will be the next course of action. I have tried calling the hospital numbers and have been told that some one will get back to me soon (still waiting though!!!!!) :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Any help or experience off late with CX?

Regards
coolthru

Last edited:
Back