• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Chewable Multivit for Adults

mandym1

Can anyone tell me where I can get a complete chewable vitamin?

I will be having my bypass in the next few weeks and have been advised to start taking a multivitamin now but it must be in a chewable form after surgery. I might as well start on the chewable form now but cant find them for adults only children. They recommended Centrum Complete, Sanatogen A-Z and Forceval.

I got some Bassetts Soft & Chewy - Raspberry
For Young Adults

Got them from Asda. They were doing 3 months supply for £9.00 when I got mine :)

I have the Bassetts Soft and Chewy Everyday Health Berry flavour. I've been fine with them.
xXx

I never had chewable ones, was swallowing normal tablets day after my bypass

My list reccommends for the first 6weeks Bassetts Active Health Multi Vitamin and Minerals for Adults or Abidec liquid multivitamin, as well as the others you listed Mandy. Got mine on a 3 for 2 offer in Sainsburys, so sorted for a few months with the ones I had at home.

My dietician reccommended either Bassets Soft and Chewy or Boots own chewable multivitamins. I take the latter and it tastes quite nice.

Is it only my GP/surgeon that prescribes the vits???
I was given Forceval (normal capsule) on discharge and have them on repeat prescription at my docs surgery.

Mandy you will be able to have Forceval right after surgery hun,dont bother with chewable ones you will get them off the gp.Maz x

My dietician reccommended either Bassets Soft and Chewy or Boots own chewable multivitamins. I take the latter and it tastes quite nice.

hi Yorkigal,

Can you tell me does the boots own Mulitivitamins contain everything needed post op or do you have to bulk it out with something else, the reason i ask is that i went to holland & barret and asked for a Multivitamin chewable & the very un help full member of staff pointed at a shelf & said the top shelf are power multivitamins, the middle is "normal" and the lower shelf is just a "top up"!!! oh and none are chewable, so i looked at the "power" ones and wasnt sure if to swollow it or insert it lol ;) It was like a bullet xx

They tend not to have enough in them and I was advised not to have childrens at all,waste of money.The big ones are fine to swallow and free off your gp.Why pay for something thats not going to do the job properly?

I was told the boots own chewable are fine to start taking 2 weeks prior to the bypass and am still on them now. My dietician did say something about how they would be all I needed ''for now'' so I'll check with her again when I see her next week. I can't swallow those huge tablets though.

Ive just bought Centrum complete for now as I saw them in ASDA and can take them up to surgery. I will book to see my GP beforehand so I can have Forceval ready for when I get home.

Thanks for the advice peeps.

Back