• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Chichester - St Richards

Oh wow! So how come you haven't had your date? Is it a case of you're within the next two or three people who is about to get her date?

I have only emailed the lady at PALS who helped me last time to get the MDT date!

Oh no, I hope things don't start to unravel for us! I think though that since we've been approved that we have to be done regardless of the wait!?

I wish now that I had taken some numbers from people at my MDT!

Not really sure if it relevant for here or not, am new, apologies if not, but I have an all day assessment at St Richards next week, and have no idea what to expect, and as you have been, I wonder if you can advise me please? Is this what people have been calling MDT? I assume multi disciplinary team? Sorry for being dense!

Not really sure if it relevant for here or not, am new, apologies if not, but I have an all day assessment at St Richards next week, and have no idea what to expect, and as you have been, I wonder if you can advise me please? Is this what people have been calling MDT? I assume multi disciplinary team? Sorry for being dense!

Hi Vickster! No problem to ask questions! Yes the all day appt is the MDT.
Have you done the tier 3 Weightloss management?At the MDT you will beet various members of the team, Bariatric nurse, physician, psychologist etc and they discuss with you why you want surgery, what changes you've already made, how you think it will benefit you etc and then at lunch time they meet and decide if you will be accepted. The day goes fast but the wait to find out yay or nay is nerve wracking!

Good luck! Keep us posted!

Sheesh why can't they just tell us that at the mdt, then at least we no.

A few people have said after 18 weeks they contact pals because the max waiting list is 18 weeks and they were given a private op. Don't no what hospitals they're with though

Thanks lumpy! Do you think the 18 week clock started already the day we had our MDT appointments? If so, surely Harley has some room for complaint? Harley maybe you should contact the pals link in the link from lumpy and see if it gets you a date or appointment?

Keep me posted! :)

Officially the 18 week target is from referal to MDT, not MDT to procedure. St Richards always attempted to perform surgery within 18 weeks from MDT for their own target. Unfortunately, it now seems that demand outstrips supply, and they can't achieve it. Believe it or not 6 months is not an unreasonable waiting time. I'm nearly 2 years post op, and when i was waiting people at other hospitals were regularly waiting 12 to 24 months.

Thanks Birdie, that's really helpful! I've not even heard of tier 3 weightloss management, agggh I'm so worried it's all going to go wrong. Do they tell you that day if you are accepted?

Hi Ya
If I were you Harley I would deffo get in touch with PALs as you should have definitely got a date by now x
I got my questionnaire through! Oh lord I'm worried I'll write something wrong!! Help! X

Thanks Birdie, that's really helpful! I've not even heard of tier 3 weightloss management, agggh I'm so worried it's all going to go wrong. Do they tell you that day if you are accepted?

Vicks, I think you have to do the tier 3 first - which is 6 - 12 months before you can have the surgery and then the wait is up to 6 months thereafter.. Yours might be different but that's so far what I've gathered. Keep me posted - when next week is your appt? Yes they tell you on the day if you're accepted and if there are any conditions attached.

Hi Ya If I were you Harley I would deffo get in touch with PALs as you should have definitely got a date by now x I got my questionnaire through! Oh lord I'm worried I'll write something wrong!! Help! X

Yay Lumpy! It's about time! In all honesty, what you write now you'll have forgotten come the MDT then you'll spend a week before worrying about what you wrote - my advice take copies before you post it back so at least you can read it over when you feel like panicking!

:)

That's great thanks, I might email pals but I feel bad about nagging.
Glad you got your questionnaire xx

Awww thank you both! It's really hard to answer these questions! I've changed the way I eat now so do I answer the questions as how I am now or how I was before I started the weight management course? Before I was over eating and it asks if I overeat? I've stopped overeating now but I did use to over eat, I did use to eat when I was bored too and it asks that too? I've used cbt quiet a lot now and have changed my eating habits? How do I reply to this? When I'm dieting I am brilliant I stick to things but when my will power weavers I fall off the wagon majorly :-( x

I answered mine how I used to eat - but there's plenty of room for explanation at the end and I also thought of need be I'll add a blank page with other things - but you have the food diary that shows how you currently eat. So don't stress they don't take the questionnaire as gospel they ask you a few random things from it but mostly they are not testing you if you said "I can't remember what I wrote" they'd tell you. :)

Other than my eating habits of not eating during the day and drinking too much fizz, they didn't mention my questionnaire x

Hi Birdie, thank you x x My appointment is next Friday, have so much pinned on it. I just want them to help me, I am struggling so much with being like this...

Back