• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Chichester - St Richards

Had an email to say that the diet plan they give you when you go on the list counts as treatment so the 18 week rule doesn't apply. Well I didn't get a diet plan, all I was told is don't put on weight ? they said I am on the list and I'll hear when an appropriate date is available but they can't say when that will be. I feel gutted, although part of me knew I'd get that response part of me thought maybe they'd help ? I just don't understand how some people in my group got dates 5 weeks ago

Oh how pants :-(
Feel so bad for you, I would be gutted and I too would question why. Are they sure you haven't been sent a date and it hasn't got lost in the christmas post? I have a feeling I will be the same as you Harley, everything always seems to cock up with my referrals ect, it will be just my luck too. Bless you. Try not to feel too disheartened at least you know for sure you are definitely going to get the surgery! That is the main thing! X x
Hope you get your date soon hun, keep us posted.

I've got to send my questionnaire back by the 20th, going to send it recorded delivery x

Oh that is pants! :-(

Who replied to your email? I would go back and say you've not got a diet plan so can they send you one? Isn't the diet plan before surgery? I mean in terms of pre op diet?

I'd be fuming ~ they are lucky I am not you! I'd be on the blower telling them exactly how unfair I think they are being because how do some people get dates and others not when they all got their approval on the same day! What a load of cr*p!!

I think if they had sent a date it would be documented. I mean on the system- can they not tell you how "far" down on the list you are? I would ask the specific question about how many people are ahead of you... Then next week call again and see if you've moved up!!

I keep logging onto my ClinicYou login and nothing!!! :-( although I know it's on,y been 6 weeks for me! This was the email I got from PALS

"I have phoned the secretary who says the wait is anything up to 6 months, the pre-op assessment will be 4 weeks before the operation date. She was unable to give me any other advise. You can always contact the department on 01243 788122 ex 1655 for an update. I hope this helps."

To be honest I don't think I've got it in my fight them, I'm to worried they'll turn around and say no completely.

I've been really down today, every time I see someone they ask about a date, people want me to plan things but I can't because I don't no when I'll be in hospital. ? apparently the hospital is on black alert so loads of ops are being cancelled. I Jo 2 people who were supposed to get bypass yesterday but were cancelled last night

Oh no, black alert, no beds! All scheduled ops cancelled. I think I would rather wait than be messed around, getting childcare is going to be tricky as it is for me so to have an operation cancelled the evening before would just be a total nightmare!

It could be a good thing Harley, they say things happen for a reason.
I'm very much like you, don't want to rock the boat and probably wouldn't be forceful enough lol it's hard to argue tho when you don't really know the correct protocol lol

Hopefully the winter crisis that hospitals seem to be under will start to fizzle out soon, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you x

Sounds like I'd be lucky to get mine before end of the year if I'm accepted, tbh as long as I get it I don't care lol x

Cancellations are pretty common from what is said on the facebook, I've heard of 4 in the last week. But I'm with you, I'd rather not be messed about and I don't think my nerves could take being cancelled at the last minute. Although with my luck it'll happen.

Can you pm me the group too? You're not allowed to post FB group names - I've been told off before now by Admin!

Hello Birdie when did you have your Mdt? I had mine on 7th Nov and was told surgery would be 3-6 months but 6 months would be a bit long.

I didnt go through Tier 3 etc. Was told by nurse I had entered system by back door because Eastbourne has not got proper places to deal with tier system. Luckily surgeon still said I could have procedure.

This waiting is killing me. I dont mind if its going to take 6 months as long as I know!!!

Hello Birdie when did you have your Mdt? I had mine on 7th Nov and was told surgery would be 3-6 months but 6 months would be a bit long. I didnt go through Tier 3 etc. Was told by nurse I had entered system by back door because Eastbourne has not got proper places to deal with tier system. Luckily surgeon still said I could have procedure. This waiting is killing me. I dont mind if its going to take 6 months as long as I know!!!

Hiya! I had mine 28 November and was told the same regarding the wait! If you're approved then you're approved regardless of tier 3 I think! Recently joined an FB group for people who are waiting for dates from Chichester or who've had surgery at Chichester! Wanna join?

Oh that sounds good. What is the group called. Where do you live? I have joined the support group for Eastbourne.

Ive tried searching on facebook for all manner of things related to st richards/chichester/bariatric/bypass etc etc no luck Perhaps you could add me as a friend on facebook? Seems we are going to be very close on dates. My name is Rebbecca Mcdougall, double b and c in rebbecca. Profile pic of me sipping drink through straw.
Apologies if im not allowed to give personal details on here

Back