• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

chips for dinner tomorrow

hopelesscase

whhoooo my son got me a tefal actifry for christmas. so were having chips for lunch tomorrow lol
saying that there are some lovely recipies in the book maybe the chips will have to wait!!!

Ooohh! You little devil! I hope making us all drool with the thought of chips has made you happy...:drool::slap:

Have a good one.
John xx

Those actifry's are supposed to be fab Carole... The chips are supposed to be as good as the chippy's, enjoy lol xx

Will let you know. They were never really one of my favorite foods but the children i look after all eat them soif it means i can do a meal we all eat all the better.

ive got one! the best thing i have EVER bought! the chicken and pineapple thing out the book is nice 2! we cook loads in ours! and they really do taste just as good! hope u enjoy. xx

Finally got round to doing some chips in it and i was pleasently surprised. even my son and little one that i had liked them. Yes the chisken and pinapple is you i did thatthe other night and am doing a beef cassarole in it tonght. sooo easy to clean too

What sort of food can you cook in this? I thought it was just a fryer. I might be tempted to buy one if it's quite a versatile machine :)

yep it is easy and you dont get that horrible smell of the fat fryer! i love mine! twigee u get a recipe book with it you can cook lots in it and also things that arent in the book! i was suprised when i got mine and intended to use it for healthier chips but tend to use it hardly for chips and lots for stews and other things! roast pots in there are delish :D xx

Mine has been in use most days. currys, chilli cassroles etc.
The other thing it is great for is chicken nuggets and chips and the amount of fat it brings out of them is amaising. for the kids i hasten to add unfortunatly autistic kids with limited diets.
Even did lamb chops in it the other night and they were fab.

yep i use mine all the time and it is abit pricey but its so worth it and if it did break id buy another without a doubt! i cooked a sausage in mine for my brother - yuk the fat was mingin! just goes to show u thou eh? xx

Hubby bought us one and threw chip fat fryer away. fabulous! kids took a little convincing but are fine with it now.
even oven chips (low fat of course) taste nicer in the actifry.
Have had bombay potateos (healthy) and they are yummy too
Shelley

Did diced potatoes and parsnips tonight in it with grilled lamb chops and steamed minted veg and my son said i had excelled myself!!!!

mmm that sounds delish! i might try that :) xx

My OH has just bought one of these for me and it has just been delivered this morning. I am being totally spoilt by him. After having a quick look at the recipe book I am going to try the chicken and pineapple thing first as it sounds delish. So now between this and my new slow cooker he bought I guess I have no excuse not to make nice and healthy meals. I think I could get into this cooking lark... with a little help..lol

I am a little confused? I thought we weren't meant to eat fried food etc, but have to maintain a healthy balance forever??

The Tefal Actifry only uses 1 teaspoon of oil to cook 1kg of chips or whatever else you are cooking so in a portion of our size the amount of oil is nominal. So we can still feel like we are being naughty eating chips but in fact we are being very healthy.

Wow...loads of you have these actifry things. May have to google it and see what it's all about.

argos sell um lisa - and currys and comet - think mine cost £170 but it was well worth it :D x

I paid £140 at amazon, it is worth shopping around for them x

Back