• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Want2b3 post op inputs

Want2b3

hi fellow losers it's been 6 full days sincE my sleeve and I want to keep an eye get tips on keeping the dreaded protein and fluids up. I have been told to do 2 weeks clear fluids and then 2 weeks purée and 2 weeks soft before starting solids eek!

It is a full time job just trying to get it all in. As I start with my lansoprazol at 7am I wait an hour before fluids. So by then gasping for a cup of tea. This 5hen fills me up 3/4 cup sipping it and therefore it is too late for breakfast by 11am! So sips water about 200 Ml over 2 hours.

Lunch I have clear soup made from pack of spring veg sieved and add couple spoons of marvel in semi skimmed milk. I manage it all now about 3/4 a cup. My stomach shouts at me when full and I get cramping when the soup is finished so the buscapan comes in handy then.

I have an options with the marvel and milk in afternoon which fills me up again.

Then the clear soup again and later another cuppa and about 300 mls water over the evening. I do not have anything afteR 8pm so I can have lansoprazol at 9pm before bed.

I am putting 6 tablespoons of marvel in the milk to increase the protein.

I am having problems starting yogurt and other stronger things like custard and shakes as the thin clear soup is cramping my stomach and worried the thicker stuff will really hurt. Want to try them watered down tomorrow but nervous. Any tips on this appreciated.

puddytats

My dietitian told me that soups all count as liquid, so you're probably having more than you realise! Sounds like you're doing ok though, you're only 6 days out!

Aslo, may be the wrong weather, but NAS squash ice cubes were good for me

If you don't feel ready to move on a stage, then don't. Stick with the first stage a little longer and see if things improve? I also read that you were having problems with pain - may be worth ringing your team, just in case

Want2b3

My dietitian told me that soups all count as liquid, so you're probably having more than you realise! Sounds like you're doing ok though, you're only 6 days out!

Aslo, may be the wrong weather, but NAS squash ice cubes were good for me

If you don't feel ready to move on a stage, then don't. Stick with the first stage a little longer and see if things improve? I also read that you were having problems with pain - may be worth ringing your team, just in case
Thanks puddytats good to know the soup counts too so I would say 1300mls a day min. Yes ice cubes will be nice in summer but love my tea:) yes I will ring team in morning as want to discuss the pain and cramps. At least the Gravity on standings has reduced a lot 24 hrs can make a difference! Yes may stick with liquids a little longer if needed if these stomach cramps continue. Have not a clue if stomach cramping after taking soup or any heavy liquid like options happens to others?

Want2b3

As I said, all teams are different, but mine definitely said to count soups etc. Did you ring team about the pain?
Hi puddytats I left message and no one returned. But on good note the pain was only in the night and I know think it is wind. Otherwise Idid overdo it and the rest has sorted it. I have actually been best today. The district nurse checked my wounds and only one has a small weep so redressed it and said that can come off on Sunday. That is good to see the wounds healing just must not scratch them now as itchy.
I am sure the team will call back as they might have had surgery today today and busy as it was a week today I had my op hoorah 1 week down!

I am definitely having 1000mls at least a day which I think is good this early. Anything for a cuppa tea :)

Want2b3

Yesterday had cuppa tea, options, soup, tea, soup, tea and about 500mls water. Used pint semi with 6 tablespoons marvel in all that for protein. Is that enough protein? Not sure how much I should have in first 2 weeks?

starryeyed

As @puddytats said Soup definitely counts as fluids when ur so close to being post op :) That's basically the only way I got fluid. You're doing amazing fluid wise the most I got at that point was around 400.

I was a bad patient clearly lol.

Don't worry too much about protein at the moment you build it up in the coming weeks with some shakes until you can get it in via food. Adding marvel to the milk is great. You can get protein soups too which are nice :)

Hope today is better for u xx

Want2b3

As @puddytats said Soup definitely counts as fluids when ur so close to being post op :) That's basically the only way I got fluid. You're doing amazing fluid wise the most I got at that point was around 400.

I was a bad patient clearly lol.

Don't worry too much about protein at the moment you build it up in the coming weeks with some shakes until you can get it in via food. Adding marvel to the milk is great. You can get protein soups too which are nice :)

Hope today is better for u xx
Thanks starryeyed good to know something I am doing is going well. Was worried about protein input. Do you know any makes of soups?

starryeyed

Thanks starryeyed good to know something I am doing is going well. Was worried about protein input. Do you know any makes of soups?
They are from Asda - you might have to mix them but I added milk to them when I blitzed them for added protein and it just tasted nicer than doing it with milk lol. They do chicken, pulled pork and jalepeno and another flavour I thjnk :) also one with mainly different types of beans but I didn't like the texture xx

Attachments

• IMG_1789.PNG
    IMG_1789.PNG
    557.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1790.PNG
    IMG_1790.PNG
    122.6 KB · Views: 6

Want2b3

They are from Asda - you might have to mix them but I added milk to them when I blitzed them for added protein and it just tasted nicer than doing it with milk lol. They do chicken, pulled pork and jalepeno and another flavour I thjnk :) also one with mainly different types of beans but I didn't like the texture xx
Oh I have never seen them before! Thanks for showing pack starryeyed I would have missed it. My next online order is Asda and I would try chicken as love all chicken dishes. What flavour have you found good? it's packed with protein :)

starryeyed

Oh I have never seen them before! Thanks for showing pack starryeyed I would have missed it. My next online order is Asda and I would try chicken as love all chicken dishes. What flavour have you found good? it's packed with protein :)
I tried the pulled pork but I don't like anything other than chicken or bacon usually lol and the chicken but the chicken was my favourite. Xx

Want2b3

I tried the pulled pork but I don't like anything other than chicken or bacon usually lol and the chicken but the chicken was my favourite. Xx
Good to know that would be my only choice.

Turps

I'm having a quick check of diaries and am thrilled to see you've had your op and are doing okay. I remember how worried you were beforehand, so it's lovely to see you on the other side.

How are you feeling now? Is the pain gone completely?

SAM55

Thanks puddytats good to know the soup counts too so I would say 1300mls a day min. Yes ice cubes will be nice in summer but love my tea:) yes I will ring team in morning as want to discuss the pain and cramps. At least the Gravity on standings has reduced a lot 24 hrs can make a difference! Yes may stick with liquids a little longer if needed if these stomach cramps continue. Have not a clue if stomach cramping after taking soup or any heavy liquid like options happens to others?
I had stomach cramping after anything at your stage but why not see what it is like without the soup as it may be something in there? I didn't do soup (hate the stuff) but for my savoury kick I did Bovril.

Want2b3

@SAM55 I have not had that pain for 2 days without milk. I know it is the milk. Soup doesn't cause pain thankfully.

Want2b3

Did anyone else sometimes get pain after readybrek? Not sure if my stomach has moved? the pain then is centre under chest an inch where there is a scar. Is that my gullet? this is where the rumbling as loud as thunder sometimes :rolleyes: and burning happens. I thought stomach was on left? Where they pull stomach out scar under breast couple inches?
Also I have no sensation of fullness? I have no sensation of emptiness? I go by 'oh I have not had a meal!'. I get a gurgling in the central area ? Gullet and small burp so then stop eating the readybrek about half cup of milk with 1.5 tablespoons.

Does this sound normal:D

Starting purée tomorrow! Any recipe ideas please send them my way. Any tips too much appreciated :)

Want2b3

Ok tried turkey mince and gravy yesterday puréed. It went down well so was pleased. About 2.5 spoons worth. I have no idea if this amount is normal but I am just still wow look how little I eat to 3 weeks ago so sleeve does work:)

However the evening went by and the salt started on my lips and got worse! Oh dear gravy is off the list. Starting again today with stew veg and chicken in slow cooker. Nothing in it this time so will be bland. I can add 1/4 stock cube if too bland but will at least give it a go later!

I used to love gravy and was so looking forward to it. My taste buds are changing and possibly for the better as gravy is now too salty for me.

puddytats

you can get reduced salt gravy too, if that helps at all. Personally, I hated gravy beforehand, but in order to get food down, I have to have food slow cooked and with plenty of sauce, whether it's gravy or tomato, otherwise it gets stuck

Want2b3

Well I made in slow cooker chicken with butternut squash, carrots, turnip, onions and cabbage. Added black pepper for taste. Blended it up. Was lovely had 4 tablespoons and felt couldn't eat no more...started hiccuping shortly after I left and others say it is a sign they are full. Got 2 days worth fresh and froze rest for 2 x 10 days portions.

Can I ask please anyone ho completed stage 2 is this enough input?

Readybrek with 150 mls milk
4 tables spoon of purée for lunch and tea (chicken and vegetables)
1 NAS Jelly
Lots of squash and 3 cups tea a day.

Since intolerance to milk this lactose one is so hard to get only supermarkets. So don't have the spare time to go every day so limit milk to readybrek and tea only.

SAM55

Well I made in slow cooker chicken with butternut squash, carrots, turnip, onions and cabbage. Added black pepper for taste. Blended it up. Was lovely had 4 tablespoons and felt couldn't eat no more...started hiccuping shortly after I left and others say it is a sign they are full. Got 2 days worth fresh and froze rest for 2 x 10 days portions.

Can I ask please anyone ho completed stage 2 is this enough input?

Readybrek with 150 mls milk
4 tables spoon of purée for lunch and tea (chicken and vegetables)
1 NAS Jelly
Lots of squash and 3 cups tea a day.

Since intolerance to milk this lactose one is so hard to get only supermarkets. So don't have the spare time to go every day so limit milk to readybrek and tea only.
Is that 4 tablespoons of puree at each meal or divided between two? I was told 2-3 tablespoons per meal, so either way it sounds enough.

Have just looked up Lactose Free milk on the Tesco site and it gives the following info on shelf life and storage. You could therefore put this in small pots and freeze as well.

Ingredients:
Semi Skimmed Milk, Lactase Enzyme

Allergy Information:
  • Free From: Lactose
Storage:
  • Keep refrigerated.
  • Once opened, use within 3 days. Do not exceed use by date. After each use, reclose and refrigerate at once.
  • Decant & freeze - for 1 month