• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Want2b3 post op inputs

Well I made in slow cooker chicken with butternut squash, carrots, turnip, onions and cabbage. Added black pepper for taste. Blended it up. Was lovely had 4 tablespoons and felt couldn't eat no more...started hiccuping shortly after I left and others say it is a sign they are full. Got 2 days worth fresh and froze rest for 2 x 10 days portions.

Can I ask please anyone ho completed stage 2 is this enough input?

Readybrek with 150 mls milk
4 tables spoon of purée for lunch and tea (chicken and vegetables)
1 NAS Jelly
Lots of squash and 3 cups tea a day.

Since intolerance to milk this lactose one is so hard to get only supermarkets. So don't have the spare time to go every day so limit milk to readybrek and tea only.
Have done some Googling and have found a lactose free dried granulated milk powder, so a lactose free version of Marvel? https://www.garraways.co.uk/milfres...0sAIcJ5EUZ2UdQo-W-yPwipRXw7oNqOIG0aAvuA8P8HAQ

Hi @Want2b3 Just found your thread! Good to see how you're getting on. I use lactofree milk and buy it regularly from Tesco. Though they keep moving it around to different aisles so I have to chase it ;0) I've also used their yoghurt and cheese which are really nice and will try them again once I'm on stage 2. Only thing I'm finding after a few days on fluids is that the lactofree milk is a bit too sweet. I used to love the sweetness but guess tastes are changing post-op. But everyone is different and you may not have that issue.

Is that 4 tablespoons of puree at each meal or divided between two? I was told 2-3 tablespoons per meal, so either way it sounds enough.

Have just looked up Lactose Free milk on the Tesco site and it gives the following info on shelf life and storage. You could therefore put this in small pots and freeze as well.

Ingredients:
Semi Skimmed Milk, Lactase Enzyme

Allergy Information:
  • Free From: Lactose
Storage:
  • Keep refrigerated.
  • Once opened, use within 3 days. Do not exceed use by date. After each use, reclose and refrigerate at once.
  • Decant & freeze - for 1 month
Thanks for the info @SAM55 yes I use that milk but lasts 5 days eek!

I am having 4 tablespoons per meal of purée. Is that too much? I only know when to stop when stomach makes noises or hiccup or burp. I can cut down though. I only have 2 purée meals per day. Is t
Have done some Googling and have found a lactose free dried granulated milk powder, so a lactose free version of Marvel? https://www.garraways.co.uk/milfres...0sAIcJ5EUZ2UdQo-W-yPwipRXw7oNqOIG0aAvuA8P8HAQ
oh wow thank you @SAM55 again :D may be my saving grave to getting protein in too.
Hi @Want2b3 Just found your thread! Good to see how you're getting on. I use lactofree milk and buy it regularly from Tesco. Though they keep moving it around to different aisles so I have to chase it ;0) I've also used their yoghurt and cheese which are really nice and will try them again once I'm on stage 2. Only thing I'm finding after a few days on fluids is that the lactofree milk is a bit too sweet. I used to love the sweetness but guess tastes are changing post-op. But everyone is different and you may not have that issue.
@maggy thank you will have a look at the yogurts and of course will get the cheese for cauliflower cheese everyone here says is lovely:).
I used to have 2 sweeteners in my tea but now can't cope with the sweetness, and normal milk post op before I stopped it was sweet too but the lactose free is lovely for me coming from where I was. They say we become more sensitive! Salt a biggie no no for me currently and enjoying the organic natural flavour of food. So all those tin soups will go to food bank :) for people who really need them.

4 tablespoons seems fine :) you'll know if it's too much because you'll then puke it up lol x
@starryeyed :D you know it nearly happened with my cup of tea this evening as can't bear not drinking it all as can only fit in 2/3 cups a day:)

Purée going fab and look forward to the meals:) I am trying haddock in white (homemade lactose free sauce) tomorrow! Fingers crossed!

I find the most satisfying thing is NAS jelly. I am starting to get addicted to them! Had 2 today. At 6 calls a pot should be ok.

I think I am managing 400 calls a day but feels like I have something drinking/eating all day long:D

@starryeyed :D you know it nearly happened with my cup of tea this evening as can't bear not drinking it all as can only fit in 2/3 cups a day:)

Purée going fab and look forward to the meals:) I am trying haddock in white (homemade lactose free sauce) tomorrow! Fingers crossed!

I find the most satisfying thing is NAS jelly. I am starting to get addicted to them! Had 2 today. At 6 calls a pot should be ok.

I think I am managing 400 calls a day but feels like I have something drinking/eating all day long:D
Buy a smaller mug - that's what I did. I have one that holds 200mls and is about 2/3rds the size of a normal mug.

Oh my boy still has his child's mug from set when younger in cupboard! Great idea thanks @SAM55

I have just had my second portion 2 tablespoons of smoked haddock in white sauce home made re lactose....oh it was delicious and so filling! This will become a regular meal when solid stage:eating: I have thought puréed was going to be hard after first day failure but I am now eat really healthy foods that I didn't choose before as just ate processed snacks rubbish:whip:

Going to have a look at recipes on here to give me some ideas as need to learn to cook:rolleyes:

You are doing so well. Just read your diary and the difference now to the start is amazing. Your confidence is growing daily!

Back