• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

clothes ideas

salski

Most people will already know or use ebay...but I have to say since my surgey its been an absolutle lifesaver. I cannot afford to buy clothes to kepp up with my weight loss since surgery. Im currently sitting in size 16's when pre op I was 26-28.

I buy on ebay for everyday clothes such as jeans and t shirts and boots. I specifically look for items 99pence and under with cheap P&P.
Today a new pair of booths, 3 tops and a pair of jeans have arrived and I paid under £15 for the lot including P&P. Just a thought for other who have maybe not thought or have not used ebay...its really worth it.

I specifically look for clothes that are second hand as buying new costs more and I wont be in them for long....I also look for bundles of clothes in my size.

Hope it helps someone somewhere x

I agree Ebay is fantasic for all sorts of things, I used to buy most of kids clothes from Ebay or car boots, all designer stuff for pennies and we even brought go-karts ect and when they had finished with them we would sell them on again.

I will definatley be buying things from ebay if and when I have my surgery.

I'm an ebayaholic too! :D But I tend to sell rather than buy, anything and everything! Will definately be looking to buy too as my sizes drop.

Cuppa xx

buying on Ebay is a breeze but selling is a nightmare - Ive never had so many people lie - the jeans you sent are the wrong length (they werent) the sequined top has sequins missing (they were all there) and the list goes on. I now give all my too big clothes to charity shops - cant be doing with the aggravation.

Someone else has just suggested swap shops, freecycle, charity shops and car boots! All great ideas! x

Look in local charity shops. I have bought quite a few things that are brand new for a fraction the price originally. Best buys are a principles suit originally £150 and paid £20, M&S pants were £6 paid £1! All brand new with store lable still attached!

Great thread, I love ebay and have used it for clothes up to size 28 and now at size 16. Like Salski I stick to low price items but often they are new or almost. I now have more clothes than I know what to do with and rarely spend £10 on an outfit. Not sure I'll bother with shops again as I hate shopping.

M

Back