• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Compliments........

phatmomma

I've worked hard these last few months at learning to accept compliments and do so now (i hope) with a little bit more ease than i ever have before....

Yesterday was a day of lovely compliments:

Firstly one of the domestics on my ward said to me in faltering English after eyeing me up and down ''Julie, you look beautiful''........ really touched my heart when she said this! Then not more than half hour later one of the 'sisters' stuck her head inside my office and once again remarked how fabulous i looked and told me that someone she was working alongside had also remarked to her ''i can't stop looking at her, she looks so different''........ I'm glad she never told me who it was as i would have felt really self conscious....

I occasionally bemoan the fact that i have 'only' lost 54lbs, compared to a lot of people this isn't a massive amount, but i am aware how much my body shape has altered and am loving it as well as loving the way people are noticing it....

This compliment lark is pretty good, especially when you can't hear the usual comment which follows the ''you have such a pretty face'' - shame you can't lose some weight!

To all my fellow ladies on gents, both pre and post op, learn to embrace the compliments, this will give you the assurance you need to know you are doing fine xxx

A great post Julie, I cant accept compliments atall :eek: I always think people are just being kind! I hope as I loose more weight it will become easier to believe what they say :D XX

Julie youve lost a sack of spuds just try carrying one of those every day of your life...no more!Accept you are looking fab.Maz x

Get used to it Julie, there is going to be so many to follow and is it any wonder!

This is only the start!

Love and hugs xxx

Whooo hooo...that's great. Keep working on accepting and loving those comments. I've been told by 3 different people in the last few weeks what great legs I have - it feels very odd doesn't it? Haha x

Id like to say it gets easier but for me it hasnt. I see compliments as a gift and now I have gotten to the point where I just give them a big smile and say thank you instead of pointing out my flaws, but I still blush furiously inside lol
You are doing so well though Julie and Im not one bit suprised that you are getting the compliments, its what your gorgeous self deserves xxx
Steph xx

Back