• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Dealing with negative comments

Thats why only my husband and my mum have been told about my plans to get help from bariatric team. I only told my husband and mum as i know i will need some support and help. but they were asked not to share this info with anyone else. any way Why the hell does my cousin need to know i am even having thoughts about a wls? :)

Last edited:
For the first time since I can remember I'm finally able to plan my life and have goals, which I never could before. My mother seems to think people like my cousin revel in other people's misery because it makes them feel good about themselves.

A very immature thing to do...

I think your mum might be right :) that cousin will be the first one to comment 'oh i thought you would lose more weight' or smth similar in the future. So make sure you keep a distsnce and dont let her put you down :)

shes definately jealous hun! Maybe you should throw some stats back at her about how much less you will be costing the nhs long term and how if you were to stay the weight you are your life expectancy and risk of disease etc is bad x

Hey - your cousin is obviously feeling threatened/jealous about your surgery. I wouldn't even have lowered myself to a response but understand that's easier said than done. I bet she won't dare poke her nose in again now! Haha.

PS what's all this about her trying it on with your brother in law? *scandal* haha x

Shes so jealous, your reply was fab I love it!!

She probably feels crap being big herself and if your slightly bigger it probably makes her feel a bit better. Now shes thinking ahead when your your weights falling off and your looking gorgeous and shes nervous of being the bigger cousin!! Dont be angry feel sorry for her its sad really!!
My sister actually suggested a band to me. Ive always been much bigger than her. Now me weight is coming off shes in a panic and on WW. She told my mom she doesnt want to be the bigger sister and it was her idea!! She made me weigh myself in front of her to check if i was honest about the loss, funnily she wouldnt jump on the scales after me.
Good luck with all and keep your chin up xx

Thanks everyone for the support!!

Lol HelloEverybody, if only you knew half the drama involving that side of my family, you'd need a lifetime of therapy!!! That's why I don't like getting involved, at all!

I love your reply! And as others have said, it's probably all related to jealousy: I think people get used to seeing us a certain way, and more specifically see themselves in a certain way in relation to us ... And changing that is too much for their brains to deal with.

Good luck with everything!

Loved your reply back to your cousin...very witty!
She is clearly jealous of you dealing with your weight issue.
I had to deal with snide comments/looks from fatty mums in playground,
They moan moan...but don't do anything to help themselves.
Well I couldn't give a flying f*** now what anyone thinks of me.
Just wait till your weight drops off!...you'll really give your cousin something to think/say..good luck x

Oh Well!! If she is sending links from the daily mail they must be true!! Ignore her and stay focused people always try to drag you down when you are on the up xxx Good luck

Back