• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Compression Garment

EmDubs

Bleurgh...!
Hi all,

Does anyone have and ideas or recommendations on where to get a compression garment for post abdominoplasty?

I received all the bumf from the hospital about the op and in it it states "When the drains are removed you should put on the Lycra shorts or abdominal support that you brought with you... Organising an appropriate support garment is the responsibility of the patient having the operation."

I thought they would supply it. What if the one I get is not right?

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Have a look on tinternet!

Hi all,

Does anyone have and ideas or recommendations on where to get a compression garment for post abdominoplasty?

I received all the bumf from the hospital about the op and in it it states "When the drains are removed you should put on the Lycra shorts or abdominal support that you brought with you... Organising an appropriate support garment is the responsibility of the patient having the operation."

I thought they would supply it. What if the one I get is not right?

Interesting post!....when is your surgery? did you manage to get in on NHS?

Hi Beefy,

I have finally had my funding approved and had 2 surgical consultations. The next appointment I have is for the seminar, 6 days after that is my pre-op and then the op itself but I haven't had the date for that yet. Excited but still so nervous. Don't want to get ahead of myself though. I know it will hit me and I can officially relax and start to think about my new life when I'm all gowned up waiting to go into theatre.

Wow sounds exciting, I always said i wouldnt have plastics after weightloss, but i changed my mind x

hi, im having fleur de lis tt in 3 wks and at preop last wk was told that you get measured and fitted whilst in theatre with binder/compression garment. im having it done on nhs also, maybe different areas have diff rules? i didnt have to attend seminar so maybe all areas diff even if on nhs? nurse also said that cos c.g is bulky under clothes u may want to buy girdle type pants and highly recommended primark ones at only £5!! bargain. gd luck with finding one x

Since I had my Fleur De Lyes tummy tuck 4 weeks ago I have been wearing a body suit which I got from Primark for £8, its the best thing I have ever brought and highly recommended them. They look like a swimming costume and have press studs under the gusset but give a lot of support. I was told to get the size up from my normal due to the swelling but I had to send my mom back to primark to get a smaller size as it was to big.

Also the other bonus is not only are they totally comfy which is what you need when you have to wear it 24hrs a day but I found that when worn correctly it squashed my boobies but if you pull it down under your bra you have a instant boob job :) they make your boobs look amazing.

What about when I come out of surgery? The white, proper thick binder... I would have thought that would have been supplied by the hospital because I thought I would be already in it when I come round. Does that make sense?

I no which one ur on about Emdubz, I came home in that and wore it for about a week but it was so uncomfortable and restricting, when I went back to have the dressings changed 5days after they told me I could take it off but would need some support and I had been recommended the sucky in suits from Primark :) I have even recommended them to other people cuz they are fantastic but they will give you the support you need and as they do up underneath they won't ride up nor will they sit on the bottom scar :)

Im a size 8/10 and brought a 12/14 but these were to big as the swelling goes down so I had to buy the smaller size. I would buy 1 in the next size up and see how the swelling goes down and then get your normal size :)

Could I ask you ladies who have already had the tummy tuck etc how painful it is?
How long post surgery do you have to wear the compression garments for and any other relevant information you may have please.
I want to make my decision when the time comes using the advice given to me by people who have had the surgery and thought you all may be able to help me make it.
Thank you.
Lynne xx

I wore primark support clothes after my plastics. cheap and cheerful and they do the job.

good luck

Jo
xx

Hi Wizzbang, you have to wear the compression garments for 6 weeks 24hrs aday :( I have had to have 6 weeks off work and I only work in a office but I did have extensive muscle repairs at the same time and have been told they will take upto 6 months to heal completely, I did try to drive at 3 weeks post op and OMG it was painful, as for the pain after the op this is down to the individual I have been told I have a very high pain threshold and never had any pain relief after either my bypass or TT, I didn't feel I needed any and the only pain I really had was trying to move and that was only discomfort really :)

Back