• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Slimming bodysuit/ Compression suits

Bluebutterflier

Bouncing Bander
Hi All

I had this theory...that I thought I'd investigate!

Liposuction: (copied/pasted from a liposuction site)
After the liposuction surgery, the patient will have to wear what is known as liposuction garments for a period of time. The purpose of liposuction garments is that it helps the body recuperate from the surgery by reducing swelling and that it also provides support for the body as it adjusts to its new shape. Liposuction garments are an essential component to the liposuction process and if it is not worn, the overall results of the liposuction surgery will be severely compromised.

Sooooooo I went on a look about for a compression garment...but found them far too expensive....Then I found a few slimming bodysuits, which are not as tight, but hold the body in just as well.

Im thinking, after I have my band filled....I may start wearing the bodysuit at night...as you do most of your growing when sleeping....and if its holding the skin in....them maybe there wont be as much lose skin?

Has anyone else had this trail of thought, or tried anything like it?

lamornamiss

wants to be a loser
I have been told by my plastic surgeon to wear support garments (cycle shorts) 24/7 for the next few weeks following my tummy tuck.
Try Primark or Matalan
I bought some California Beauty ones from Ebay that split after a couple of hours.

Anything is worth a try just make sure you can get out of them quick if you need the loo :D

Bluebutterflier

Bouncing Bander
I have been told by my plastic surgeon to wear support garments (cycle shorts) 24/7 for the next few weeks following my tummy tuck.
Try Primark or Matalan
I bought some California Beauty ones from Ebay that split after a couple of hours.

Anything is worth a try just make sure you can get out of them quick if you need the loo :D

Well the ones above that I bought....the crutch part is missing, so you dont have to take it all off for a wee lol....I suppose you put your normal underwear over it, like its part of your body? lol

Gonna go try it on in a moment....but this is 86% Nylon/ 14% Spandex -doesnt feel like its gonna split anytime soon....its such lightweight material but strong, and feels like its breathable!

novamay

Born Free
Attractive Belle Slimming Bodysuit

This is the one ive bought....havent even tried it on yet....bought it on Ebay....just came through the post :)

dang it - the size 8-10 is sold out!!!!!

Me thinks it'll take more than a bit of elasticy fabric to pull my skin into shape! I'll probably need one of those wet suits that surfers wear.

good idea though ;-)

Bellydancer57

Just done the same as I was told by other WLS patients that it was a good idea. If not just lost a few ££ on eBay & they certainly smooth out your lumps & bumps under clothes.
Obviously I am supporting this with regular exercise & smothering myself in bio oil.
I think loose skin is inevitable with large weight loss particularly with us mature ladies & gents. So saving for that tummy tuck in the future LOL

lyndajoan

i have had one of these body suites and the body dresses and they split around the sewing on the straps, which came apart from the actual material, that was the only snag and i think it was because of the way i pulled it one day trying to get it on so just be carefull and pull it on with enouh of the material in your hands like layer after layer sort of thing like putting stockings on if you know what i mean, and you will have on hell of a garment that will last you long and i found it to be really comfy. think i will get another one soon. xxxx

Yvessa

This is a great idea, but I must admit, I had a right giggle, particularly at the sight! Those 'fillers' look evil :p

Bellydancer57

You are right, they look like you are thrusted up like a turkey but do give a nice shape.
I had the pants last year & once on they were amazingly comfortable & slimmed me down. Gets rid of tht jelly belly wobbly feeling & look.
Not convinced they will help with loose skin compression but nothing ventured nothing gained.

Nellyphant

Hi All

I had this theory...that I thought I'd investigate!

Liposuction: (copied/pasted from a liposuction site)
After the liposuction surgery, the patient will have to wear what is known as liposuction garments for a period of time. The purpose of liposuction garments is that it helps the body recuperate from the surgery by reducing swelling and that it also provides support for the body as it adjusts to its new shape. Liposuction garments are an essential component to the liposuction process and if it is not worn, the overall results of the liposuction surgery will be severely compromised.

Sooooooo I went on a look about for a compression garment...but found them far too expensive....Then I found a few slimming bodysuits, which are not as tight, but hold the body in just as well.

Im thinking, after I have my band filled....I may start wearing the bodysuit at night...as you do most of your growing when sleeping....and if its holding the skin in....them maybe there wont be as much lose skin?

Has anyone else had this trail of thought, or tried anything like it?

I was looking at compression garments to help with fibro pain as some days I seem to be almost completely covered in tubigrip but decided it would be too tricky for me to get them on and off.

I guess if it was "slimming" underwear and the sizing wasn't too tight it would be easier, going to the toilet would be interesting too.

Big an Bouncy

They may hold you in for under clothes but take em off and it will all hang out!dont kid yourself and waste money,if its been stretched it wont snap back!Concentrate on clothes that flatter you new shape!

newcy

I've bought a couple of body suits in different sizes as I read a survey which said that lipo patients had much less issue with excess skin and better general appearance if they had worn compression garments. It said that the skin needs to be held in firmly so that it adheres to your reducing shape underneath as excess skin is caused by the rapid loss of fat/muscle so in theory the same thing should apply to wls patients.

Compression garments are really expensive but M&S firm hold body suits are very similar - may not be pretty but if there's a chance of less excess skin then I'm willing to walk around like C3P0 for a few weeks x

Bluebutterflier

Bouncing Bander
I've bought a couple of body suits in different sizes as I read a survey which said that lipo patients had much less issue with excess skin and better general appearance if they had worn compression garments. It said that the skin needs to be held in firmly so that it adheres to your reducing shape underneath as excess skin is caused by the rapid loss of fat/muscle so in theory the same thing should apply to wls patients.

Compression garments are really expensive but M&S firm hold body suits are very similar - may not be pretty but if there's a chance of less excess skin then I'm willing to walk around like C3P0 for a few weeks x

Ah...glad someone else is on my wavelength and trying it...:)
I'll take a look at the M&S ones too.....cant help but give it a go eh!

Yvessa

We've done must worse things to ourselves in the past - this one at least won't do us any harm :)

newcy

We've done must worse things to ourselves in the past - this one at least won't do us any harm :)

Too true! I know I've worn the most hideous girdles under dresses for special occasions in the past and spent the entire night struggling to breath and having an awful time. Sadly I got so big that I stopped making an effort all together but at least now I have a good time.

Since I won't be going far for a few weeks post op I might as well give it a try - not sure if I'll be able to sleep with a body suit on though? X

MissyMustDoIt

serial cryer!!
when i was younger (and skinnier) is used to sleep in my bra to keep my boobies in place.............

they got too big and go wherever they like now! lmao