• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Recovery Diary from TT with muscle Tightening

Sam433

Got collected by driver at 430am and arrived at D H at 7 the driver was fab and didnt allow me time to fret ! When . Arrived i was taken straight to my room where i was told to shower and put gown on then saw the aneathisist then nurse where blood pressure blood wee and weight was done ! I then saw my surgeon Mr Schiavone who took pictures of my tummy and drew on me ! I was collected for theatre at 230 . I can remember being hooked up to heart machine given a relaxer and blood thinner med then remember no more ! I woke in recovery in a girdle and a lot of pain even though i had been given alot of pain killers ! I was took back to my room where i was given more pain relief and slept most of the time ! I felt a bit sick and couldnt eat or drink much my blood pressure was a bit low so put on a drip ! Apparantley i bled quite a bit in surgery ! The nurses were fantastic coming in to check on me every 20 mins topping up my pain relief and monitoring my vital stats ! I woke the following morning at 6 and to my relief found the pain had seriously eased ! I was able to get up to go to toilet and also walked along corridor ! The worst bit is getting in and out of bed ! I have religiously done my leg ex and had more anti blood clotting drugs ! Still quite sleepy ! the nurses said my tummy looks good but quite swollen in places ! Also still have two drains attached ! Im glad i have had it done and hope for a trouble free recovery .

Day two

Had the drains removed yesterday morning and immediately felt more comfortable although having the drains out was felt like a contraction! . I was discharged from hospital yesterday and chauffer driven home, the journey was uncomfortable and I was very tired when got home. Felt groggy and out of sorts all yesterday, everything felt swollen, fingers, legs, stomach lol.
Got a good night sleep and apart from a headache today and very tight tummy feel much better. I go to see clinic again next friday to have dressings removed so havent been able to see whether there is any improvement in stomach yet! Lol.
Pain is definantely more bearable today. Just want to get this compression stockings off as getting uncomfortable ! Anybody have any tips as to when they can be removed?

Day four today - I told muself pain would be less today but its not ! Also tummy really swollen so looking about 6 months pregnant !! And has grown by 6 inches !!! Hopefully things do get better ? !

Give it time Sam, your swelling will go down but it could take months. I'm 10wks post op now and my stomach is still swollen and i've only just got back into my size 10 jeans yesterday. Couldn't even get them up my legs before that!

keep us posted and keep your chin up :)

Back