• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Compression stockings

Ali_RFD

I hate these stockings!!! They are super itchy, far too long and a pain to wear! How long did you all have to wear them for? Any tips to stop them itching so much? I've tried moisturiser and talc so far. X

I was lucky I took mine off the day after my op when I went for a shower, the nurse said as I was up and about I didn't need to wear them :)

I hate these stockings!!! They are super itchy, far too long and a pain to wear! How long did you all have to wear them for? Any tips to stop them itching so much? I've tried moisturiser and talc so far. X

I had to wear them for two weeks. As your team what are their recomendations as they are the ones who know your health history and risks.

In my mind better itchy stockings than blood clot.. So i wore them as long as they told me to.

I only used mine when on the ward and for 1 day , my discharge day didnt suffer any ill effects from not wearing them for the suggested time length I just kept myself on the move
have a chat with your team to see what they advise

I wore mine for about 4 days after surgery. They said once I'm moving about more I could take them off. X

I wore mine for about a week after surgery ... was told to wear them until I was moving about as much as I had been before surgery.

Thanks guys, I genuinely can't remember how long they said to wear them for! I was given so much info when I was discharged. I have been wearing them, I didn't mean I had taken them off and threw them away. It's just that they are driving me mad! They are so long I have to double them over on my foot, this in turn means I can't get my shoes on! So having to wear slippers when I go out :)

I'm not moving about enough yet I don't think, still sore and very tired! Not doing to bad at all though. X

I've been told four weeks!! No chance I'm keeping these on for that long :) I think I'll do two weeks.

I think I had them on for at least a week it's all a distant nightmare, I mean memory, now!

Last year I wore them from the first week in Sept to the last week in Nov. Drove me up the wall, it's one of the things I'm not looking forward to this time around.

I was told 6 weeks till I go back to see my consultant. Not actually bothering me that much to be honest.

Have to say I gave up after a few weeks! They are now off ? drove me crazy!! Worst thing about the surgery, even worse than all the needles and bruises!!!

Glad to hear everyone survived the trauma of the dreaded stockings...!

Back