• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

These damn sexy compression stockings

everpositive

In all the pre and post stuff thats gone on, I have to say by far and away the worst thing has been my rather seductive looking, bottle green, leg squeezing, toe pinching, compression socks.

My God, I hate them so!!! When can I bin them? Had one not so nice nurse say 6 weeks, a Doctor at the hospital say 2 weeks and then my GP this week say 10 days post surgery should be fine. Cant get hold of my bariatric nurse to ask so can people please tell me how long they did it please.

Thanks all x

Mine are white and I just wear them at night now. Wore them sold for 2 weeks Walsall told me 4 weeks same as the injections

I was instructed to wear them for two weeks from surgery and I did but boy was I happy to be rid of them. Mine were white, hot and itchy. I took them off for an hour each day so I could get air to my legs and scratch myself silly. Oh, and don't put lotion on under them because that makes it ever so much worse:eek::eek::eek:!!! Trust me, I did that and was one sorry girl. You'll get through it but even the thought of those things makes my skin crawl!!;)

a week for me but they are much more usefull for dusting the tv lol

I woke up with some on but after I had come round in recovery and got myself dressed I took them off. As my recovery was so quick and textbook, they said I needn't worry.

Which was a relief....they are Satan's socks!:eek:

I had white ones, which I added decorative swirls to (just to be different - & gave me something to do! You could always get people to sign them like a plaster caste!)

Anyway, I digress ... I took mine off the day I left hospital!

Back