• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

confused and hopefully not offensive!

magicbeans

no longer obese!!
Ok so i watched supersize vs. superskinny for the first time. and they had a fat woman see a REALLY fat lady ....now the big lady was 28stones but damn she looked after herself, had nails done, her done...she looked good...poor woman was on 30pills a day, PLUS!

anyways they were like...theres no hope for her....she will have to resort to surgery! and i was like...huh? why is surgery such a 'oh no' thing!? also they had ppl attending this palce in LA where u paid like 90grand (us dollars) for 6 months of intensive training and weight loss food.... and im thinking, why not get the band/bypass

thing is im thinking, did i jump the gun and do something thats really really bad for me...yes i will lose weight but i will end up having certasin problems? and what are these problems. i was closing in on 16stones before i had this op and now around 14and a half. more importantly i was becoming diabetic...which would reduce my life expectancy anyways....

im confused and want to know what problems u have found with ur gastric surgeries?

hop i havent offended anyone with anything i said. :)

Well all this excess energy is killing me :) Clothes shopping is hard work now i can look in every shop, and food is still a very good friend to me, but i have to watch it don't stab me in the back...........

Seriously my life is brilliant, i couldn't ask for more :)

haha thanks PM...... its just the way they say 'and they have to resort to surgery' i mean whats so wrong about it?

I certainly saw the surgery as 'my last resort'. Honestly, I had tried everything else and had managed to lose weight so many times over the years - often as much as ten stones - but always it came back ... normally with quite a few extra stones to keep it company.

Surgery isn't something that should be decided on lightly (pardon the pun). Any kind of surgery has it's dangers.

Would I do it again? In a heartbeat - it has changed my life completely - healthwise and many other ways too.

x

wow u lost 10stones dieting once?! WOW.....was that a VLCD?

so the 'bad thing' is the surgery itself and not life post op?

Every surgery carries risks - as I found out. I tried diets for years when my weight shot up for various reasons. Then I hit crisis with my blood pressure and in the end there was no choice but surgery. I think wls is still thought of as taboo - and all the negative press surrounding it doesn't help. In the end you have to decide what is best for your health. Despite all the complications with my surgery it saved my life. It is the tool which will hopefully in a few years time get me back to as healthy a state as I could ever have hoped for.

tranquil x

TB that was a very good post. i think u r right, its a fanatastic tool...but all u hear in the press is ppl who have misused it and therefore give it a bad name or the cases that ended badly. but for every bad case i bet there are hundreds that have turned peoples lives around

i still have the nurse come to see me to change my dressings. when she 1st came in i told her what i had done, (she is the only person apart from my mum and hubby that no) she told me i had taken the easy road and i should have gone to a diet club, she just didn't get it. ive been there and done that time and time again, did she really think i would put myself thought this if i hadn't tried every diet there was. i can't wait to live my life skinny. xx

dolly48dd said:
i still have the nurse come to see me to change my dressings. when she 1st came in i told her what i had done, (she is the only person apart from my mum and hubby that no) she told me i had taken the easy road and i should have gone to a diet club, she just didn't get it. ive been there and done that time and time again, did she really think i would put myself thought this if i hadn't tried every diet there was. i can't wait to live my life skinny. xx

That's disgusting. As a nurse she shouldn't be making comments like that. If I were you I'd report her! Am not a nurse but a healthcare assistant and I wouldn't dream of passing a comment like that, whether or not I understood why they'd done it. Some
Opinions are not meant to be voiced.
I'm actually really angry lmao
Sorry you had to hear that. I'd make her job as difficult as poss from now on if I was you lol

people do think WLS is an easy way out, but i find it takes great courage to put your mind body and soul through something so life changing, and when we have come to the descion to go ahead with WLS it often aint a easy ride we still have to work very hard with the tool we have been given . but everyday has a new battle for many reasons, mainly re-educating our minds to put the right foods into us. so i find the people who say why not diet or exercise..... very ignorant, first of all dont you think we have tried that!!! if it was that easy we would all be walking round in a svelt size 10, but it dont work like that. i respect everyone who makes the life changing descion to go through with WLS, ultimatly for some this is possibly there last chance of a new healthy life. sorry for the rant lol. all the best to those considering surgery, and those who are getting ready for surgery xx

Clare* yes i read ur thread...most ppl were saying they regretted not doing it earlier...which was quite funny and nice to hear.....but i think there is just maybe a stigma attached to going under the knife for WLS and ppl think we havent tried it already.

The british population is defo getting fatter, take a look in ur local supermarket!diets dont always work for everyone, what we are doing is better then letting obesity take us to an early grave

I'm afraid Dolly, if i hear anyone say that i took the easy way out then they will feel my wrath!!!

Everyone has their own reason for weight loss surgery and only the individual in question knows when that time is right. Many people are desperate and at over 32 stone i definiteley know how that feels.

People pass jugdement everyday, unfortunately some are cruel with it. But if we stay true to ourselves we can rise above it. x

I was taught that nurses are supposed to be non judgemental and good listeners or is that just the ones in psychiatry and not general nursing staff.
I did psychiatry for 17 years before I had to give up because of arthritis.
I am disgusted at at the attitude of this nurse, if it had happened to me, I certainly would be putting in a formal complaint and asking for another nurse to visit.

Exactly what I think Lilyscent

Back