• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Confused.com

Gnomes

Had 6.5ml in a 10 ml band, went for a top up Tues to 7ml, I have less restriction now than I did before Tues???

I just don't get it??

As you know by now, bands are sneaky lol

Restriction varies for all sorts of reasons, so give it some time x

Also, are you back on liquids only post your fill? If so, they go through much easier than food, and if you've got to do days on liquid and mush, you wont feel restriction so much until you get back onto normal foods. It can take a good week or so to settle down.

I'm only on liquids for the rest of the day and then back to normal, eating like a horse, sadly.
The only time I get any sort of 'help' from the band, is if I eat too fast, then I know all about it, but if I'm good and eat slowly, I get no restriction what so ever and I'm eating so much and loosing no weight, it's very frustrating!
I'm trying to eat all the right things and exercising, but after almost a year since my op, I'm 7lbs heavier now than on my op date.

If you have 7ml in 10 ml band, you should probably feel the restriction. Is it possible that your band is faulty/leaking/unclipped or has any other problem? Maybe book yourself for next fill and while you are there, discuss it with them.

Gnomes, if you know you have the band when you are eating too quickly, you have got some restriction there, but possibly not just quite as much as you need/want. What I would ask though, is what type of food are you eating and what quantities. I lost my 10 1/2 stone primarily at the type of level of restriction you seem to be at. The band didn't do the majority of the work for me, I did it, through making sure I stuck to the rules 95% of the time (cos there were often times I felt I could eat anything and everything, and sometimes I chose to do). 1/3 plate protein, 1/3rd veg, then finally if I was still hungry my carbs. Band friendly crunchy foods to make the stomach work harder with the band. Eating more slowly allowing your stomach signals to the brain to catch up with what's gone in the mouth. Not drinking with meals. I admit, my plate sizes have never been as small as those of some banders who can survive on just a few spoonfuls if food, but i never wanted to be that restricted and the balance i achieved overall was right for me personally.

Have you thought of posting your food / exercise diary here http://www.wlsurgery.com/wls-banders/135442-banders-daily-diet-exercise-log.html so we can see if we can help by making any suggestions that have worked from our own experiences? What has your provider advised?

Don't lose heart, lets see if we can get those pounds moving! :)

Thanks flutterby1966 for the link and the great advice (most of which I am already doing), I have posted on there, so hopefully I can get some help.

My provider just keeps saying it will happen soon, but come back in 6 weeks for another fill.

I knew it was going to take some time, but 1 year after my op and no difference what so ever is just madness!

Back