• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My first fill went great.

Carre

Hi everyone,

I had my first fill at bristol thg today at 11:30.

So just thought I would let you know how it went!!

So got there waited for 10 mins met a nice girl had a bit of a chat then I was called in, the lady was very nice had a bit of a chat about how I have been doing ect. Then I got weighed and asked to lay on a bed put my hands behind my head and chin on my chest a kind of half sit up. To start with she struggled to get the port in position so for me I have to lift my legs off the table feet together legs straight she did it in a matter of minutes stings a little but very painless.

One thing I was to,d before I went in a lady had on her notes she had 3 ml in her 14 ml band but when they did her first fill they had only put 1 ml in ? So they put another 1 ml in so she had 2 ml in total!! Apparently surgeon's don't always get it exact ...

When I had my op it said I had 4 ml in a 10 ml band, when she checked I had 4.2ml and she topped me up to 5.2 ml which I'm really happy with.

The worst thing for me is liquid foe 3 days at least 1&2 week post op your ill and don't want to eat!

Glad it went ok for you. I found my few days liquid after my first fill really difficult, but I had another small one on saturday and have been on liquids only and its been fine. Onto mash today . . .it goes quickly . . .

Glad all went well xxx

Glad all went well carre x

Hey carre

Am glad all went well for u, I found now the 3day liquid 3day mush after a fill very very hard
How much weight have u lost now??

Lisa x x

Hey carre

Am glad all went well for u, I found now the 3day liquid 3day mush after a fill very very hard
How much weight have u lost now??

Lisa x x

I have stayed the same for a week and a half.... But I will weigh in on Friday and update xx now about you ?

Good to hear it went well for you :) Very useful post for me, thank you, I won't worry too much now x

Good to hear it went well for you :) Very useful post for me, thank you, I won't worry too much now x

Tobi, please do not worry. At my first fill they couldn't actually find my port and a lot of poking and prodding they did find it, but even having to have 5 needles, neither one of them hurt (just her pressing did to find the port) and I've just had a 2nd one, 2 weeks after the first and it didn't hurt at all again. The "scratch" from the needle is much less than what you get from having an injection or blood test I found :)

I didn't have to do any of the things that Carre did, I just led on the bed for them to do the fill :)

Thanks guys... Im such a crybaby haha i was in tears and shaking in my blood test and the same in the op theatre while they were trying to put the cannula. Im amazed with their patience though and really appreciated it. I could have slapped myself haha. Hopefully a port is easier to find than a vein :p xxx

Carre said:
I have stayed the same for a week and a half.... But I will weigh in on Friday and update xx now about you ?

I did stay the same as well but since my fill it coming off I've lost just under 2stone x

Lisa x x

Carre said:
That's great Lisa, how do you feel in yourself, and what if any problems have you have come across xx

Well since I had the band I can honestly say that it been the best decision I ever made. I've always been a happy and confidant person always on hol am happy to wear binki and never give it a second thought,
but I can honestly say now I think I glow as I am totally happy inside and out!
And I now love the scales as before this was a no go place for me,

I been on and off sick with the band they thought it was to tight then it may slipped

Then only a couple days ago I started I got v bad pain around port and it was rock hard. Told it just been where I been doing to much!!

But it still be the best decision I could of made well worth the money

I don't regret it

How about u??

Lisa x x

Well since I had the band I can honestly say that it been the best decision I ever made. I've always been a happy and confidant person always on hol am happy to wear binki and never give it a second thought,
but I can honestly say now I think I glow as I am totally happy inside and out!
And I now love the scales as before this was a no go place for me,

I been on and off sick with the band they thought it was to tight then it may slipped

Then only a couple days ago I started I got v bad pain around port and it was rock hard. Told it just been where I been doing to much!!

But it still be the best decision I could of made well worth the money

I don't regret it

How about u??

Lisa x x

I'm glad your happy, I'm also very happy with my choice.
I have not had any confidence for 8 years now, I never get changed in front of my hubby, he's never seen me naked or in underwear.
I have such a low opinion of myself. This is why I'm so thankful to my mum helping me out to go private, this is going to change my life.

I have had no problems in regards to pain, just head hunger issues my old hobbits are going to take longer then I thought to shift!!

I'm joining the gym next week and my mum is having my 2 year old after I drop my 7 year old off at school, she know if I have no excuses then i will go so from 9-10 I'm committed.. Hoping it will push my loss along. Oh and I took my first set of pics on the iPad app body compare can't wait till the 14 th nov to see if I have changed xx

Carre said:
I'm glad your happy, I'm also very happy with my choice.
I have not had any confidence for 8 years now, I never get changed in front of my hubby, he's never seen me naked or in underwear.
I have such a low opinion of myself. This is why I'm so thankful to my mum helping me out to go private, this is going to change my life.

I have had no problems in regards to pain, just head hunger issues my old hobbits are going to take longer then I thought to shift!!

I'm joining the gym next week and my mum is having my 2 year old after I drop my 7 year old off at school, she know if I have no excuses then i will go so from 9-10 I'm committed.. Hoping it will push my loss along. Oh and I took my first set of pics on the iPad app body compare can't wait till the 14 th nov to see if I have changed xx

That will be brilliant and it means u will go if ur mum will have ur child.

I think head hunger is the worst as I think we all go throw that. I down loaded body compare but still haven't used it yet lol I must get round to it..

Am glad all ok with u x

Lisa x x

That will be brilliant and it means u will go if ur mum will have ur child.

I think head hunger is the worst as I think we all go throw that. I down loaded body compare but still haven't used it yet lol I must get round to it..

Am glad all ok with u x

Lisa x x

Make sure you take your pics today mrs, I made the mistake of taking them one month into the wls and wished i took them earlier....

I have just put a pic in my album from thus app, I look so bad my bra is hanging this is something I need to change next time I upload at Christmas lol xx

I feel better today as I have lost 2 lbs I do weigh in on a Friday so hopefully might loss 3 in total..... I have a goal of 18 for Christmas so now I'm at 16 x

Do you have a goal?

Sorry if I'm chatting on to much xx

Back