• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How much do you have?

Gnomes

How many ml do you have in your band until you start to feel some real restriction and sustained satisfaction?

I have 6.5ml in a 10ml band, I have restriction for 2.5 weeks after my fill and the nothing ....... been like this every time I have a fill.

Very frustrating!! just when I start to think I'm getting somewhere, it filters off.

Thanks all xx

Thats par for the course I'm afraid. The more you lose the smaller your stomach is, as the fat around your stomach also starts to go too.

Its not uncommon at all to need some fine tuning at least once a month until you reach your goal.

Have you booked in for another fill? talk it over with your provider and see what they say xx

As Mazza says, the loss in restriction means that fats shifting (could also be a fluctuation due to internal swelling etc at totm) ...

Always bear in mind, we are all different. Personally, I started feeling some level of restriction at around 9.5 mils in my 14 mil band, so then the fills became smaller ... and far longer spaced apart. I had my last 1/4 mil fill taking me to 10.5 mils 7 months after my previous fill and this is my ideal level to maintain now. Oh happy days! You will get there ladies too :)

It can be hard because it is only now on the fill I had a week ago that I am finally feeling a little restriction - 6 months after having my band put in place, during that time it really has been down to a lot of self control, willpower and motivation to keep losing and not give in to the fact that I can eat anything in whatever amount I wanted.
I have lost 7 stones in that time, but only had 3 fills. I find that having my fills made me feel hungry Until this most recent one. I had 1.5mls added taking me up to 9ml in. 14ml band and it is the first time I have felt restriction with my band. It takes some getting used to having been able to eat anything and everything but I have already found things that were a staple part of my diet such as prawns and chicken are things that I cannot currently eat.

Hang in there, but speak to your provider, it can take a good number of fills to get it going but through choice I have taken mine slowly as I was losing well without the restriction.

Back