• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Confused!

Silver2022

Hi All
I had my initial consult at The Homerton Hospital in Hackney last month, so saw nutritionists and had bloods and ECG's done and I was asked to lose a stone, however I'm confused as to weather I have to lose the weight before my next appointment on 13th April or what? When I called them, they said that I'm expected to lose it before surgery, but I didn't think I'd been accepted yet as the nutritionist said I'd see the consultant at my next appointment and then it would got to a panel but she did say I was a perfect candidate for the sleeve:) Has anyone else had their op done at this hospital? And what was your process like? I'm female and 42 and have been trying to get this done for the last five years. Any advice is most welcomed.

Hi All I had my initial consult at The Homerton Hospital in Hackney last month, so saw nutritionists and had bloods and ECG's done and I was asked to lose a stone, however I'm confused as to weather I have to lose the weight before my next appointment on 13th April or what? When I called them, they said that I'm expected to lose it before surgery, but I didn't think I'd been accepted yet as the nutritionist said I'd see the consultant at my next appointment and then it would got to a panel but she did say I was a perfect candidate for the sleeve:) Has anyone else had their op done at this hospital? And what was your process like? I'm female and 42 and have been trying to get this done for the last five years. Any advice is most welcomed.
Hello I'm also at Homerton too yes that is correct about losing the stone before surgery. When you see your consultant they will tell you if your need anymore tests if not it will go to there weekly MDT meeting mine took 4 weeks till it went there then you should hear back with a surgery date or if they want you to have anymore tests hope that helps x

Back