• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

A little confused

lisa35

I know my story is a little different to a lot of peoples but I'm a little confused as to what will happen next.
In November I went to my gp as I had gall bladder disease and gall stones and was in constant pain from them it was suggested that I have wls at my heaviest I was 25st5. A referral was put in place that day and I had an appointment to meet with the weight management team at Russell's hall hospital who put you forward for funding and then refer you for a gastric bypass at the royal Shrewsbury. When I went for my appointment I had lost nearly 3 stone so they said I didn't need to go through the 12 week weight loss course, I had my blood tests, my bp test, sleep apnea test everything to get the funding in place, I saw them in January and they said I was going to be put forward for funding at the February meeting as some results weren't back in time for January.
February's appointment came and I wasn't very well with my gall bladder and said they wanted to admit me into hospital but I said they would only do what they normally do give me morphine keep me in till pain subsides then send me home. The dr I was seeing was great she said they'd got everyone there for a MDT meeting for funding and she was going to have an emergency meeting for the funding of my operation.
She phoned one of the bariatric surgeons that they work with and he wanted me admitted into hospital for emergency gall bladder removal and possible gastric bypass.
I was sent to Shrewsbury hospital with a referral letter to the surgeon and the following day the bariatric surgeon came round, said he couldn't do the gastric bypass without a proper consultation with both himself and the bariatric nurse but would take my gall bladder out the next day and would get me an appointment to see him regarding the wls in a few weeks.
That afternoon his bariatric nurse came round confirmed what he'd said and that they were trying to get me an appointment for the end of February.
Straight after the op he came to me in recovery and said your appointments the 28th feb I'll see you there about the other operation, not that I felt like anymore surgery after that operation.
My confusion is what will happen now I know I've been referred to see him for wls so will it just be see him the nurse and a date? I hope so I want it done so I can start living again.

Start weight 25st5
Weight 27.02.2014. 20st13

Back