• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Confusion

Frankshell81

Hello,

Just after some advice really.

I was referred to the tier 3 process back in march I attended the first intro session where my details were taken and that was it, I didn't go to any other meetings or follow the diet given, (for a number of reasons really -my brother had died a few weeks earlier and my head wasn't really in the right place and I also couldn't make any of the other group sessions due to working full time)

Anyway fast forward to today and I receive a letter from the hospital out of the blue saying they have reviewed my case and would like me to attend a tier 4 seminar for a presentation on the different types of surgery offered.

Does anyone know what happens next? I'm scared to get hopes up!

Thanks in advance!

Shell

Tier4 is the surgery pathway and you can be referred directly depending on BMI and co-morbidities. It might be that you qualified to go straight to tier4. Usually involves dietician, psychologist and consultant but each area is different.

Just go and find out what they have to say. You will probably be expected to reach a weight loss target or show you are able to lose weight on your own before surgery though.

I think everyone here has had a different journey to the operating theatre which makes it hard to answer these sorts of questions I'm afraid. They should be able to answer all your questions at the next appointment, good luck. Also I'm really sorry to hear about your brother x

Thank you so much for your replies.

I was just very surprised as I haven't heard anything from them since I went to the first meeting. Hoping it's not some form of clerical error!

I will go along and see what happens. I'll pop back and let you know once I've been

Thanks again!

Shell.

Back