• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

James Cook help?

amelia2311

Does anyone know the process after tier 3 referral? I've been referred to tier 4 and have an appointment to attend a seminar on Monday. ..have been told to set aside 3 hours?! Does anyone know if this means I have been accepted onto their list...have had no other info at all so hoping other people have some idea about the south Tees process! Thank you :)

I don't know about the process in South Tees and wouldn't want to hazard a guess because there is so much variation but if you're on tier 4 now, you shouldn't have too long.
At my hospital once I got moved to tier 4 (approved at Nov 2018 MDT);the next steps were 2 X education sessions (March and April 2019) met the surgeon;(April 2019), got date (next Wednesday).

Thanks for that Parsnip - I've only got the seminar appointment so far, perhaps I will find out then! Just hate not knowing if I will be getting surgery or not! I was unsure I wanted it at first but now I want it more than anything and I'm very impatient because I I'm nervous they can still say no!

Next week...gosh, that's awesome! Hope all goes well and lrd isn't too harsh for you?!

Thanks for that Parsnip - I've only got the seminar appointment so far, perhaps I will find out then! Just hate not knowing if I will be getting surgery or not! I was unsure I wanted it at first but now I want it more than anything and I'm very impatient because I I'm nervous they can still say no!

Next week...gosh, that's awesome! Hope all goes well and lrd isn't too harsh for you?!

I imagine there will be people there you can ask if they don't tell you then. If you're through to tier four that usually means you've been approved for surgery as far as I know. Obviously there are a few things that could stop it but I think you're well on your way.

I can't believe I only have a handful of days left, it's crazy. Today has been day 10 of LRD. Its really been much easier than I imagined (after reading lots of people's experiences). I think wanting to ensure the operation is a safe as possible is a good motivation. As well as eliminating the risk of them not doing it because my liver isn't shrunken enough, I want to give myself the best possible start and making sure my liver is nice for the surgeon is something within my power x

I guess that shows your journey has worked...if anything like me at all at the beginning I'd have been thinking about how I could cheat and what I could get away with eating....but like you I'm now very much focused on getting it done!

I guess that shows your journey has worked...if anything like me at all at the beginning I'd have been thinking about how I could cheat and what I could get away with eating....but like you I'm now very much focused on getting it done!
Absolutely, the advantage of going through the NHS is the time it provides to help you address your issues and do lots of research. Have you read the 'Living with Bariatric Surgery: Managing Your Mind and Your Weight' book by Denise Ratcliffe? Well worth a read if you haven't x

Absolutely, the advantage of going through the NHS is the time it provides to help you address your issues and do lots of research. Have you read the 'Living with Bariatric Surgery: Managing Your Mind and Your Weight' book by Denise Ratcliffe? Well worth a read if you haven't x

No I haven't, will order it now I think! I did have a look at some books but they all seemed to focus on the surgery itself, head hunger is going to be the struggle.

No I haven't, will order it now I think! I did have a look at some books but they all seemed to focus on the surgery itself, head hunger is going to be the struggle.

This book is amazing and rely looks into the psychological side. I told my team about it and they now recommend it to patients.

It is most unlikely that once they approve you for T4 they'll say no to your op. Different hospital I know, but my 3 hour appointment was seeing different members of the MDT and chatting with them about the surgery and everything you need to know about post op diet etc. I did get my date on that day which was unexpected, but every hospital does things differently. Good luck x

It is most unlikely that once they approve you for T4 they'll say no to your op. Different hospital I know, but my 3 hour appointment was seeing different members of the MDT and chatting with them about the surgery and everything you need to know about post op diet etc. I did get my date on that day which was unexpected, but every hospital does things differently. Good luck x

Thanks for replying...I'm so nervous about tomorrow, I just want to know what is happening! I want a yes or no... can't sleep at the moment and first proper day of summer holidays which is always hard! I will ask about the process tomorrow and with any luck get some idea of what I can expect and what they expect of me! I am hoping it's to maintain weight as I will struggle to lose over summer holidays! X

Thanks for replying...I'm so nervous about tomorrow, I just want to know what is happening! I want a yes or no... can't sleep at the moment and first proper day of summer holidays which is always hard! I will ask about the process tomorrow and with any luck get some idea of what I can expect and what they expect of me! I am hoping it's to maintain weight as I will struggle to lose over summer holidays! X
Good luck, I hope you get some answers x

Relieved is the word for today...hopeful is the word for tomorrow :) seminar was education on surgery types and info on post op diet! Got my weight loss target; do not gain .... I think I might be getting this surgery! I've a list of blood tests I need before surgery, then appointment with psychology and surgeon and another seminar then...operation! Can't believe it's actually gonna happen! X

Relieved is the word for today...hopeful is the word for tomorrow :) seminar was education on surgery types and info on post op diet! Got my weight loss target; do not gain .... I think I might be getting this surgery! I've a list of blood tests I need before surgery, then appointment with psychology and surgeon and another seminar then...operation! Can't believe it's actually gonna happen! X
All sounding very positive. It'll fly by xx

Relieved is the word for today...hopeful is the word for tomorrow :) seminar was education on surgery types and info on post op diet! Got my weight loss target; do not gain .... I think I might be getting this surgery! I've a list of blood tests I need before surgery, then appointment with psychology and surgeon and another seminar then...operation! Can't believe it's actually, gonna happen! X
We've all been there, but things keep moving forward and before you know it you'll have your op, it really does go by so quickly x

I don't know what it is but having heard them talking about surgery like it is pretty much guaranteed is really spurring me on at the moment, I'm actually making much better choices than I have the entire time I was on tier 3...it must all be psychological...as if up until now it's been a pipe dream! It has been excruciatingly hard to lose and maintain a loss during that time but I feel very focused, just hope all the appointments go well and the MDT agrees I have done enough to get the surgery! I so hope so xx

I don't know what it is but having heard them talking about surgery like it is pretty much guaranteed is really spurring me on at the moment, I'm actually making much better choices than I have the entire time I was on tier 3...it must all be psychological...as if up until now it's been a pipe dream! It has been excruciatingly hard to lose and maintain a loss during that time but I feel very focused, just hope all the appointments go well and the MDT agrees I have done enough to get the surgery! I so hope so xx
Just keep jumping through their hoops and you'll be on the bench with us in no time x

Back