• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

consommé soup?

patricia2612

Hi everyone, I wonder if anyone can help me. On my pre op diet plan it says I can have clear consommé soup, does anyone know if this means I can have something like chicken broth or leek soup? Because I can only find beef clear consommé?! Confused

Consomme is a clear soup, pretty boring really and actually if you have hot bovril of oxo in boiling water, it's not far off the same thing. I think really any thin soup (you need to be able to suck it up a straw) with no bits would be fine. I'm going to strain minestrone through a tea strainer lol.

Love Kate x

Chicken noodle or spring veg strained is fine.

hiya both pre op & post op i drank cuppa soup as couldnt stomach the consumme or the stock as it really made me heave .... i lost 10lb on the pre op xx good luck x

Hi everyone thank you for your replies, I am also heaving on the consommé soup, its absolutely gross but the dietician said I can't have any other soup, but I don't know why? I am on day 6 now and it is beginning to get a little easier. I think I've lost about 4 lbs so far so I guess I'm on the right track. I keep thinking though am I doing the right thing, it seems so extreme, why can't I just stop eating? I wish it was that easy!

Try a tub of Marigolds Vegetable Bouillon, it's the Swiss equivalent of consomme and pleasantly flavoured. You can find it in the same place as stock cubes in the supermarket. You need just 5g for a mug full.

Good luck,

Tatiana

when i was on pre op & post op i lived on slimmer cuppa soup as they are water based so give em a try . It was a friend of mine that had the bypass who told me to drink these as she had the same problems as me .Gotta say i havent had soup since as got so sick of em x

I love the Marigold's stuff - have the Miso version at work and the veg broth version at home! Great when I need something extra :)

Liking the sound of the miso flavour - now going to have to try and find it un the supermarket!

Tatiana

Back