• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Started pre op diet today!

annemieke_loves

Hi all, I've started my pre op diet today, it's ok now, but I think I'll struggle after a bit, it seems so limited!!
All there's on the sheet I've been given:
Clear soup
Sugar free jelly
Clear fluids (tea/sugar free squash/blacktea-coffee)
2 eggs
Steamed fish/chicken/quorn-------> I'll have to skip this as I'm vegetarian and absolutely can't eat quorn, makes me ill
Green veg and salad
3x small portion fruit
3-4 liters fluid a day

It says, anything not on the list is strictly not allowed!
Does this seem right?

Yes :) mine was 6pints of milk and an oxo cube and sugar free jelly only. It's supposed to be a hardcore very limited liver shrinking diet for your own safety. Stick to the guidelines or you may wake up to find they've refused to do your op

Yer it's true I know someone who cheated and they didn't do the operation as the first port they put in is the camera to see if your liver has shrunk

Oh gawd, I'm dreading to see what I'll get in my inbox tomorrow, the coordinator has told me that she's sending it then, and not to worry, it's "just" 0% fat! JUST? Ah! For this low-carber, that's going to be a tough one! :eek:

I know I can do it, but doesn't mean I'm looking forward to it!

Lol, I don't want to cheat, but it sure is tempting lol!really struggling with the amount of fluid, I doubt I'll get half in what I'm supposed to!
So far I've had 1 banana, 2 small satsumas, small punet of strawberries, 1 oxo cube with 500 ml water, some water and 1 cup of sugar free squash.

My girls just had a yummie ice cream, lucky them lol!

Gosh, hope surgery wouldn't be abandonned with me, as I'm paying for it private!

You should be able to use frylight, but check with your provider

My pre op diet isn't to bad I start tomorro
For breakfast I can have 1.5 weetabix or satchet of porridge or 3 tbls of bran flakes or fruit and fibre or a slice of bread
And lunch and dinner not to bad either or I can have 4 slim fast a day good luck

Hiya i make my scrambled egg in the micro just some milk and mix together then i usually go for 1 min per egg good luck xx

hi - i am just having 3 cambridge weight plan products and coping quite well as they do fill you up x

Today on day 4 I had porridge for breakfast
I slice dry toast and two scrambled eggs
Third pint of milk
Small portion of chicken courgettes and tomato and beans and a small potato
I orange and I have one fruit left which I'm going to skip

Keep going you can do it xx

Hi
It's day 7 today and still going strong although although I tend to stick to similar food everyday.
Tonight I have green beans cauliflower small potatoe and chicken small piece.

Back