• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Constant tiredness!!

Butterfly38

Hi all, is it just me or does anti e else feel like sleeping 24/7!! I've always slept well and was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes oct 2012, since having bypass march2013 I've been taken off all diabetes meds as my bloods showed Normal levels. I check my blood sugars daily and are 5-8 so it's not that. I'm 10 weeks post op so should be feeling more energetic by now surely!!! I'm constantly lethargic and sleepy :0(

I was beginning to get like that but had my first B12 injection this week. I'm not feeling 100% sprightly but definitely feeling more 'rested'

Hi lincs lass Sorry abt spellings ha my screen is smashed so cnt see properly!! I'm feeling really fed up with being tired, glad its not just me ! Did you see your gp about b12?

Suggest you see your GP and ask to have your vitamin levels checked. Most people in the UK are vit D deficient and don't know it.

Yes I'm going to speak to dieticIan Monday and ask her about having my levels checked, I'm resorting to lots of coffee at the moment which just makes my anxiety increase!! Can't win!!

The hospital wrote to my GP to say I needed B12 injections every 12 weeks. All I gave to do is book to see the nurse when it's due and she does it. Some people need to get a prescription and take the single dose syringe to the doctors

Sorry to butt in but Holland and Barrett do a spray B12 which is a good way to absorb it apparently. With the penny sale still on it may be better value.

Oooh, thanks for that, I have been taking B12 for years (the only way I found to counter the low-carb tiredness), I like the idea of a spray instead of yet more pills. At least the D3 is tiny little tabs now instead of monstrous bullets like it used to be!

Back