• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Next step - approaching the finish line

Hi Crystal. Just popped back for a quick nosey before getting an early night in. Thank you for your message. Had a wobble with the nerves yesterday, but feeling surprisingly calm today. Sat in bed in the hotel, but it will still be a 5.45 start, so that's why I'm having the early night. Just hoping that the liver reduction diet has worked, it's the only thing we can't know until someone is in there rooting around lol.
Thanks again, hope to be back very soon.
Night x

Crystal, did you go alone or what? Hubby wants to know if he can wait until I get gowned up. Is it just patients in the waiting room?

Hubby drove me so was with me for the day :) There is a ladies and a mans waiting room but they allow hubby's to sit with you in the waiting room :) You will be taken to get gowned up and then back to the waiting room, so he can wait there no worries. Mine stayed until i was taken to theater then shot of and came back after, the hospital took his mobile number so they could call him when i was done, but i called him once i was on the ward.

So hubby all set with Costa coffee, Mc donalds, the Range, Home bargains, mattalan, argos lol Mine did the rounds......... the car was loaded on way home :) x x x

Thank you my lovely. That's relaxed him. Bless!! Lol xxx

Ask them to call him once your back on the ward, then he can come straight up and find you :) no need be alone at all x x x x gl hun am sure all will go very smoothly x x x x Ps i didn't sllep much night before, dont stress tho you'll be out for count most of the day to catch up LOL

Just to let you all know her surgery went well and she is on the losers bench :)

Glad to hear you're doing well Jamast, can't wait to follow your progress. xx

great news jamast

Thank you everyone. Feeling a bit like I've been kicked by a horse but otherwise surprisingly well.
Didn't get the surgeon I had previously met, had a lovely young one who was quite cute actually and I immediately felt a need to marry him off to my youngest daughter lol.
Stayed on Recovery section straight after the op for quite a few hours due to a big drop in my Blood pressure, but was moved onto the high dependency unit by midnight. Had to have some deep stitches due to bleeding when the surgeon removed his instruments and it's those that are blooming painful if I twist or move a certain way. The actual main op area is just a little tender.
I am surprised at the amount of medication, it just took me 25 mins to take everything and do the injection - which my 11 year old is fascinated by and currently begging to do tomorrows lol.
I am allowed shallow baths and had a shower before leaving hospital yesterday afternoon - bliss!!
Got home around two in the afternoon, slept until 7, managed a couple of quiet hours with my family, than back in bed by 9 and slept until 7.30 this morning.
Going to have a pj day for the first time I about 40 years lol.

So glad you are ok, been waiting with bated breath for your first post. idea of PJ day sounds just the ticket. be good to yourself and rest loads. Was the surgeon young Mr Clarke, he is a bit of a dish. really pleased your home. x

glad your home rest and recover

Well done Jamast, hope your recovery is quick and comfortable, as the others have said just kick back and take it easy.

Best wishes for the rest of your journey

Kate x

Thank you everyone. And yes, it was Mr Clarke lol XX

Is that Mr Clarke at Treliske I'm under his care, had my appointment with the surgeon last Friday waiting for my letter to tell me if I am going on the waiting list what surgery did you have?

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Is that Mr Clarke at Treliske I'm under his care, had my appointment with the surgeon last Friday waiting for my letter to tell me if I am going on the waiting list what surgery did you have?

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Hi, wilbe. Yes it was Mr Clarke at Treliske. It was the first time I've met him but then again, I've met 5 different people who were supposed to be doing my surgery since my journey started. But he is a lovely, lovely man. Really puts you at ease, is straight, thorough and to the point - which is a trait that I prefer in people. You'll be more than fine in his hands. He even came onto the ward a couple of times to see how I was and if I had any questions in the few hours afterwards. I had the bypass, what are you having?

Wow. I've just read this from start to finish! I don't know how you didn't murder someone!!!!

Congratulations! And well done!! Xxxxx

Back