• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Next step - approaching the finish line

Lol. Me too. Thank you x

Hi, wilbe. Yes it was Mr Clarke at Treliske. It was the first time I've met him but then again, I've met 5 different people who were supposed to be doing my surgery since my journey started. But he is a lovely, lovely man. Really puts you at ease, is straight, thorough and to the point - which is a trait that I prefer in people. You'll be more than fine in his hands. He even came onto the ward a couple of times to see how I was and if I had any questions in the few hours afterwards. I had the bypass, what are you having?

That's good to hear, I'm having a bypass too went for my appointment last Friday and was told I would receive a letter this week well it's Friday and I haven't heard anything yet trying hard not to get impatient .....

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Just read the full thread feel a little calmer myself had my sleep apnea test last night nurse told me it is being rushed through to get me in quicker just got see endocrine in 2 weeks then I'm in for surgery my hosp doesn't really have a waiting list at the mo so could be very soon so nervous I keep thinking of what if something goes wrong never been under GA before so terrified now xx

That's good to hear, I'm having a bypass too went for my appointment last Friday and was told I would receive a letter this week well it's Friday and I haven't heard anything yet trying hard not to get impatient .....

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

It was bank holiday on Monday, so I would allow an extra day or so for a letter to arrive. If nothing arrives Tuesday, I'd give them a call and ask.

Just read the full thread feel a little calmer myself had my sleep apnea test last night nurse told me it is being rushed through to get me in quicker just got see endocrine in 2 weeks then I'm in for surgery my hosp doesn't really have a waiting list at the mo so could be very soon so nervous I keep thinking of what if something goes wrong never been under GA before so terrified now xx

You'll be fine lovey. I've never had an anaesthetic at all so was a little freaked. Your team know what they're doing and will put you at ease. The last thing I remember was breathing oxygen through a mask and a lovely warm feeling spreading through my body. The anaesthetic said it would feel like I'd drank a large glass of wine very quickly, and she was right. It was nice actually lol. Then I woke up in recovery. Slept most of that night and came home the next day. I actually can't believe how good I feel considering I've just had major surgery.

poppsicles we all have fears etc etc the teams know how to handle them all and you will do fab just try to relax ready hard to do i know but it will help some

Yes that's true princess just on countdown now I just hate waiting my own gp isn't the best tho either tellin me it's such a dangerous operation!!

Slightly off topic poppsicles, I love the name of your consultant. Rotundo, doesn't rotund mean round? Sounds apt for us Bariatric patients eh?

Ha ha yeh I thought that when I first heard her name she supposed to be good (bloody better be) she works along side mr Cheruvu at north staffs

I no I keep harping on but it's gettin closer my nerves r gettin worse lol just ad letter to go for MRI scan nxt wk they concerned I may have a gallstone lodged sum where now. Also been lookin to buy a decent blender is a hand 1 better or those big food processers??

i would say hand one ii used my big one and it was crap as not enough food in it to blend properly as you will be blending minimal amounts

I bought a hand 1 few wks ago tried it out on sum mash n it burnt out lol sent it back said it didn't work ha I'll order a new 1 n hope I don't do same again ha x

I use a bamix. It's more expensive but worth every penny. Would not have got through pre op without it. It blends so smooth and fast but also turns skimmed milk into a cream like texture!! X

Mines is a massive food processor with blender that I used to use for pub catering

I was thinking of a bigger blender to make meals then freeze them what with 4 kids it would be a lot easier to will have a snoop about thanks ladies xx

Back