• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Constipation - solution

nakipa

Hi

I know lots of us suffer from constipation and it really can be so debilitating and very painful too. I have been really suffering since my op and it was just down to once a week after having been an every day kinda gal!!

I tried taking Lactulose which worked but only after taking it 3 times a day for 2 or 3 days and then I couldnt go again until I took it again for 3 days. Not ideal.

I have now been trying linseeds and OMG it is working a treat for me. I am not saying it will work for everyone but honestly if you can then just try it as I may give you the relief and ease that you need.

I take 2 teaspoons of linseeds a day. Any type, black or golden will do. There are various ways to take them and I will list them below. I have had linseeds before and know they do not upset me but if you haven't had them before then start off with half a teaspoon and then build up the dose until they work for you. I started with two teaspoons a day and on the second day I went easily and have been able to go either every day or every other day since. It is not longer difficult to go either.

Sorry to be so graphic but this is important if you suffer as I have been.

Ways to take it.
You can stir the linseeds into a yoghurt and eat them that way. You can grind them in a mortar and pestle and sprinkle them on soups, stews, into yoghurt or fruit juice.
You can put them into a glass and cover with cold water at night and in the morning drink the resulting swollen grains. They are not to everyones taste like this as they swell and become soft and exude a kind of jelly so the water is gelatinous and might make you heave. I quite like them like this but as I say it is a strange texture.

You can get a couple of hundred grams of them and put them into a dry frying pan and toast them gently over a medium heat. Keep stirring them and dont take your eye off them as they will burn easily. When they are toasted and crunchy you can store them in a tin or sealed tupperware pot and use them sprinkled on porridge or in yoghurt for a nutty flavour.

You can toast them as above and at the end sprinkle a few drops of soy sauce over them. Keep toasting until the soy sauce is soaked in and they are dry again. This gives them a lovely nutty, salty flavour and they are good on savoury things or in stir fries.

I will get a load of pumpkin, sunflower and linseeds and quinoa and put them in a baking tray in the oven on about 180 degrees. Keep stirring them every few minutes until they are all toasted and crunchy. As above you can sprinkle them with soy sauce and they make a fantastic healthy nibble/snack. They take about 30 minutes in the oven but you must keep an eye on them and stir every 5 mins or so.

I am not sure how these might affect Bypassers who might dump but as I said introduce them slowly and I am sure you wont be disappointed with them.
The bonus is that your hair and nails will improve as will your skin. Linseeds are fantastic. I feed them to my horses for their coats, manes and hooves and it really makes a difference to them.

XXX

are you drinking enough fluids... lactolose will work at just 15ml a day aslong as you drink between 1800ml and 2000ml of fluids a day xx

Yes I do drink between 1.5 and 2l a day and the lactulose did not work for me until day 2 or 3 and I dont want to be taking lactulose every day as the only way to make me pooh! I want to do something much more natural and easy.

are you drinking enough fluids... lactolose will work at just 15ml a day aslong as you drink between 1800ml and 2000ml of fluids a day xx

Only worked for me for a very short time Rayne, and then stopped. I always drink loads and exersize too but my bowels are terrible !!

Lactalose never did it for me either. Before or after surgery.
I am going to have a go at the linseed - have you tried linseed oil or is that for furniture lol, it is isn't it. silly me.
I will get some of the seeds and probably have them in yogurt.
Thanks for this.
Lynne x

sounds like this would be worth a go, I don't like the constipation side effects , can you get them from places like Holland and Barrett??

I live in France so I am not sure where you get them in the UK. Here, all the supermarkets sell them but I am sure that somewhere like H and B will sell them or an organic shop.

They are really good for helping with the sypmtoms of menopause too!

Back