• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

constipation:(

serenitylove

ok for first time im having a problem with it, in past week iv loaded on fruity stuff pleanty of fluids,which usually gets things going but to no avail getting to the point of feelin uncomfortable eating im so bloated yet have no urge to go at all anyone any suggestions to help

keep taking the fluids, if nothing shifts, i'd consider a low dose of a commercial laxative to help ease things along

Hi, dulcolax always works for me - sounds like you have tried everything else!

My old man used to swear by Liquid Paraffin (not the stuff you put in heaters!). It is mighty stuff, just don't take it before going to bed! :eek::eek:

Hiya, I've got some stuff called Mulkosan from the health food shop. It's a powder which you mix with water and is nice and sharp lemony taste. This works well and yr bowel doesn't become dependant on it like it does with senna and things. It coasts a tenner for a jar that lasts about 4-5 weeks. x

I have IBS so often constipated, not had my op yet, but I take Fybogel with mebervine which helps me alot.
You can buy Fybogel, it will bulk your stool and encourge your bowel to work properly.
I used to take Dulcolax, but a word of warning if you havent taken it before it can be a bit fierce first few times, so dont plan on going anywhere the day after.
Drink plenty fluids as others have said and I am sure you will be fine soon.
If problem persists then you may need a suppository or mini enema from the practice nurse, but hope you manage to go on your own.

Jayxx

i used senekot and it worked but try to only use it if you need it because other wise your body gets lazy and stops doing it for its self.Hope this helps.

Back